Duties and Essential Functions:
Perform work requiring the journey level skills of at least one of the following trades: electrical, plumber, hvac/refrigeration mechanic, kitchen/laundry mechanic, carpenter, painter, locksmith, in addition to performing other general maintenance duties.
• Responsible for performance of all scheduled, preventive maintenance and emergency repairs for the primary trade, area of expertise.
• Provides training and assistance to subordinate engineering positions.
• Respond to trouble/complaint/maintenance request calls throughout the hotel and grounds when directed to do so by supervisor.
• May work with hazardous materials and chemicals in the performance of duties.
• Uses tools, equipment, materials and chemicals safely and efficiently according to manufacturers instructions/MSDS requirements.
• Checks clipboard and maintenance request list, daily for work assignments, at the beginning of and throughout each shift.
• Communicates status of job assignments and maintenance request to supervisor.
• Notifies supervisors/dispatcher as required upon completion of work assignment.
• Completes appropriate records associated with work performed.
• Make minor repairs to equipment brought into the shop.
• May assist/ perform minor set-up duties for functions throughout the hotel and grounds.
• Is completely familiar with Hotel emergency procedures and able to respond quickly and accurately during any emergency situation that may arise .
• Other duties as assigned.
• Update the tracking reports for pending purchase orders.
• Utilize Microsoft Excel on daily basis to update reports.
• Keep track, analyze, and reconcile payments including, purchase orders, invoices and credit card expenses in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Ensure correct approval, sorting, coding and matching of Invoices/receipts.
• Regular attendance in conformance with standards
• May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs of the hotel
• Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
• Ability to perform all "Physical Requirements" and "Mental Requirements" as explained below.
Supportive Functions and Responsibilities
In addition to performance of essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions:
• Other duties as assigned
High School diploma or general education degree (GED) with 3 or more years of experience working in the Hospitality Industry.
Experience required in diagnosing problems and taking necessary corrective action on all types of issues.
Valid state driver License.
Strong Mechanical Skills.
• Excellent Microsoft Excel knowledge.
• Previous training & experience in Financial procedures.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to interact professionally with customers.
• Comfortable with Windows-based software.
• Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees.
• Complies with required safety regulations and procedures.
• Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, plans, sketches, blueprints and procedures manuals.
• Ability to write reports and correspondence.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral , or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, St. Pete Beach, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V