Dramatically poised at the edge of the Pacific Ocean on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea's 102 acres are infused with the elegance of a classic Mediterranean estate, the casual energy of coastal Southern California, and countless ways to spend your days - all tied together with authentic, genuine hospitality and a deep respect for this irreplaceable oceanfront setting. A gracious, old-world ambiance permeates the grounds, from the resort lobby and outdoor gardens, to private terraces and inviting courtyards with outdoor fireplaces.
Located just south of Los Angeles, Terranea offers a 582-room resort, including a luxurious collection of residential bungalows, casitas and villas. The resort features a host of world-class amenities, such as The Links at Terranea, an award-winning 9-hole, par 3 golf course, the spectacular Spa at Terranea, three ocean view pools, family-friendly activities, and a collection of eight distinctive restaurants, bars, cafés and lounges.
Job OverviewThis position will specialize in a maintenance trade which includes but is not limited to; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician.
While assuming the responsibilities in their respective trade, this position will also be responsible with assisting to guest requests, perform general maintenance tasks, complete assigned work orders and help in the maintenance and repairs of all the areas of the property including but not limited to; guest rooms, public areas, kitchens, laundry, HVAC/CP equipment, electrical systems, plumbing systems, pools, spas, refrigeration equipment, painting, drywall, wallpaper, carpentry, furniture and all other related or unrelated equipment or facilities maintenance requirements and preventive maintenance programs.Essential Functions
- Take ownership in the specialized trade hired for such as; HVAC/Refrigeration, Painter, Electrician, Plumber, Carpenter and Pool Technician
- Perform general maintenance to guestrooms and public areas
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Receive daily work assignments and review priorities and special projects
- Maintain timelines and work schedule in accordance with the preventive maintenance program
- Perform other trades as needed such as; electrical, HVAC, plumbing, painting, pool maintenance and carpentry work orders
- Maintain the proper use, cleaning, maintenance and storage of all tools
- Handle chemicals for designated uses/surfaces
Ensure security of any assigned keys
Must be certified in the trade in which this position is specialized
- Previous experience in specialized trade at a similar facility Must have basic knowledge in the building maintenance fields with a minimum of one (5) year in a similar position or equal experience and or training
- Some general-overall mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, kitchen, carpentry and facilities maintenance knowledge
- Must know how to use or have the ability to learn and understand basic diagnostic devices to trouble shoot and maintain equipment (meters, detectors, measuring tools, test kits, etc.)
- Must be experienced with hand tools and other tools used in the normal repair and maintenance of equipment