Located one block from the famed Santa Monica Pier and on the edge of the Pacific Ocean, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is one of Los Angeles' most celebrated beachfront hotels. After a comprehensive update to our guestrooms, suites, lobby lounge and pool, our exhilarating beach escape is the perfect place to soak up some sun, enjoy a healthy dose of relaxation, or catch a magnificent sunset. With 347 spacious guestrooms and suites, two restaurants and lounges, an eco-conscious spa and wellness center, and proximity to Santa Monica's premier attractions, Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel is the ideal base camp for all your Santa Monica and greater Los Angeles adventures.
The general duties of this job is to help support the Department of Engineering and reassuring that the property is maintained to the highest standards. Experience in multiple building related trades to include plumbing, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, laundry & kitchen mechanic and locksmith.
- Previous experience at a 4-Diamond hotel/resort.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor always. Approach all guest encounters and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Excellent customer service skills.
- Adhere to all hotel safety standards and regulations and practice safety, ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self. Perform and maintain property according to local, state and federal codes.
- Strong general plumbing, electrical, and air conditioning skills for a hotel environment.
- Able to perform special projects at all times. Able to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Able to walk throughout the day for extended periods of time. Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V