Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is seeking an Engineer to join our team. Loews Vanderbilt Hotel is a Four-Diamond hotel, luxury 340 room hotel with 25,000 square feet of meeting/function space, and Mason's Restaurant and Mason's Bar. For more information about Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, please visit www.loewshotels.com.
This person performs trade specific repair and maintenance operations within the specific area of expertise. General maintenance of buildings and grounds, completion of maintenance requests.
- Performs work requiring the specialized skills of at least one of the following trades: electrical, plumbing, HVAC/refrigeration, kitchen/laundry , carpentry, paint/wallcover, locksmith, in addition to performing other general maintenance duties
- Responds to trouble/complaint/maintenance request calls throughout the hotel and grounds when directed to do so by supervisor
- Is completely familiar with Hotel Emergency procedures and able to respond quickly and accurately during any emergency situation that may arise
- May assist/perform minor set-up duties for functions throughout the hotel and grounds
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Post high school training in engineering/maintenance related discipline
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently
- Strong mechanical background with minimum 2 years hands on experience in maintenance related activity, requiring journey level responsibility. Hospitality preferred
- Ability to bend, stoop, and lift ( up to 75 lbs.) repetitively
- Ability to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays
- Must be guest oriented and possess excellent hospitality skills
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V