The Summit, a Dolce Hotel
Location: US - OH - Cincinnati
As the world’s largest hotel company, and a leading
player in the global hospitality industry, Wyndham Hotel Group boasts 7,500
hotels and 15 brands in 70 countries—all supported by more than 7,000
associates on six continents. And we know our success is attributable to our
associates, a bright, talented and diverse group of individuals who embrace our
signature Count On Me! service culture and have a passion for excellence. To learn more visit
us at http://www.wyndhamworldwide.com.
Located less than ten miles from downtown Cincinnati, The Summit is set to usher in a new era of style and sophistication in the Queen City. The anchor of $124 million mixed-use development on the campus of MedPace, the 239-room hotel will delight guests with a contemporary, Cincinnati-centric art collection; modern Fitness Center with yoga studio; and well-stocked library. Chefs and mixologists will oversee an innovative program highlighted by fresh, seasonal ingredients with a culinary nod to the region’s German heritage.
Wyndham Hotel Group is searching for an Engineer to work at to work at the New Dolce property, The Summit. This position is responsible for performing
complex maintenance and repair services of the property systems such as
mechanical, electrical, and building systems.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Completes assigned work orders for general repair
within assigned time frame in order to achieve the utmost operational
efficiency of the hotel, its safety and its equipment.
- Performs systematic checks and inspections to aid in
the upkeep of the hotel and assists in the established proactive
maintenance program in order to prevent malfunctions, breakdowns and
- Immediately and courteously responds to guests needs in
order to repair and/or resolve room maintenance requests and problems as
- Maintains tools, work spaces and equipment in safe,
secure and good condition in order to reduce accidents and to prolong
- Adjusts and repairs electronic problems on hotel
equipment, including televisions, alarm clocks, HVAC units, etc.
- Perform basic and advanced/complex repairs and
preventive maintenance on property, including plumbing and electrical
- Repair/replace electrical switches, receptacles, fuses,
small fixtures and outlets.
- May do light painting and other general maintenance
- Assists department in maintaining safety equipment and
emergency procedures for the safety of all guests and associates. •
Performs assignments as directed by the Chief or Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Completes AM / PM checklist(s) daily.
- Minimum formal education of some high school and a minimum five years job-related experience preferred.
- Clean, valid driver’s license required.
- Working knowledge of all maintenance trades including building systems, HVAC, electrical, plumbing, mechanical, painting and carpentry.
- Experience with overseeing and communicating with contractors and gathering estimates.
- Must be able to abide by the company appearance standards and compliance with the designated uniform.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in oral and written communication skills in English.
- Must be able to work any shift, weekends, holidays, and special events, as needed.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend and use hands to handle objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Regularly required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally required to push and/or pull 100+ pounds and lift up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
- Material/Equipment Used Basis hand (hammer, screwdriver, pliers) and power (electric drill, saw, solder) tools.
- Painting equipment, key cutting machine, grounds keeping equipment and snow removal equipment.
- Exposure to hazardous materials on a daily basis.
- Environment Indoor exposure to both stable and extreme variance of hot and cold temperatures. Outside exposure to all weather elements and extreme fluctuations of temperature.