ENGINEER- Holiday Inn The Colony
Our business is booming. Which is to be expected. After all, with a team like ours, success comes pretty easily. That's because our associates are -- hmm, how can we put this in a way that doesn't sound overly cocky -- the best on the planet.
Texas Western Hospitality, and managing partner Western International, own and operate over thirty select service, full service and extended stay hotels all carrying Marriott, Holiday Inn and Hilton flags. We currently operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, and North Carolina. We have several properties under construction which will open in the near future.
Texas Western Hospitality flies only the best flags, builds only the best hotels and employs only the best of managers. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to all of our stakeholders; investment partners, owners, associates and customers alike.
The Engineer will play a key role in accomplishing repairs and maintenance of the hotel. Properly completes repair, maintenance and engineering activities. Completes the preventative maintenance program as directed. Supports capital projects as needed.
* Effectively and professionally communicates with co-workers and supervisor.
* Follows company policies and procedures.
* Completes fire and safety inspections and corrects any discrepancies.
* Completes the preventative maintenance program as required, properly submitting work orders on time.
* Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines.
* Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
* Meets with contractors to discuss repair activities.
* Obtains pricing and bids as directed.
* Maintains and repairs fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
* Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
* Monitors supplies, places orders with approved vendors as needed.
* Maintains working spaces in safe and clean condition.
* 1 year(s): Work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels.
* Technical/other training or better
* MANAGE MULTIPLE PROJECTS
* POOL MAINTENANCE
* PLUMBING EXPERIENCE
* ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS
* HOTEL EXPERIENCE
* HVAC systems
* Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
See job description