Education & Experience:
· High School diploma or equivalent and/or one year of experience in a hotel or related field required.
· At least two years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
· Trade school and/or College course work in related field preferred.
· Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
· Heavy work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
· Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace motors.
· Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC-Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
· Take required readings on equipment.
· Test cooling tower and record readings.
· Replace and program televisions as needed.
· Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
· Perform furniture repair.
· Replace and repair pumps.
· Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
· Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
· Trace and repair all types of water lines.
· Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
· Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
· Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
· Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
· Paint designated areas.
· Repair and finish sheet rock.
· Repair all types of wall coverings.
· Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
· Assist in supervising other engineering staff members.
· Assist in scheduling preventive maintenance tasks.
Other duties as assigned.