As the Engineer, you will fill a key role in maintaining the appearance and presentation of your hotel of an industry-recognized leader in hospitality management services. As the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel is paramount to all guests, you will ensure repairs, maintenance, and the preventative maintenance program are completed as directed. The leader of this dynamic team oversees, coordinates and assists the activities of the day to day operations of any maintenance staff. This position reports to a Department Head or General Manager.The ideal candidate will:
- Love the look and quality presentation of all hotel facilities, be detail oriented, preferably with facility maintenance experience.
- Be incredibly friendly, customer centric, love to smile and have FUN in a team environment.
- High School diploma and/or vocational training in electrical or mechanical engineering or plumbing plus 2 or more years progressive work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services for a hotel or hotels. Needs experience in technical crafts (HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.). Specialization in these trades is required. An ability to advance knowledge in these areas is essential.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager to train and assist engineering staff in maintaining and repairing fire and life safety systems, room equipment, HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems, kitchen appliances, refrigeration equipment, pool equipment, lighting, laundry equipment and other systems/equipment as directed.
- Performs skilled repair and maintenance operations using power tools, hand tools, welding equipment, etc.
- Responds quickly to guest requests/complaints in a friendly manner. Relays appropriate requests or complaints to appropriate subordinate or manager. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes training regarding safety, security, department procedures and service guidelines. Conducts training of co-workers and subordinates as required.
- Meets with vendors and suppliers to discuss scope of work, and products and materials used in, repair activities.
- Assist Department Head/General Manager in hiring, firing, training, assisting with career development and performance evaluations for maintenance staff.
- Maintains security of equipment, keys and supplies issued each day.
- Reports lost and found articles and needed repairs of unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or managementBenefits for Full Time Employees
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401K retirement plan
- Short and Long-Term Disability Income*
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Vacation PTO & Holiday/Sick PTO
- Employee Assistance Program
*Specific plans for specific positions