Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The GCPMEngineerperforms interior and external preventative maintenance along with mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC repairs in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
Responds to engineering service calls.
Promptly reportsemergencies, accidents, injuries, missing articles, damage, engineering items and safety hazards to management.Reports any deviations from policies, procedures, brand standards and regulations to management.
Complies with all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper guest greeting.
Knowledgeable on hotel facilities and services to assist guests as appropriate.
Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
Impresses guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Essential Job Functions:
· Perform interior and exterior preventive maintenance and repairs such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, boilers, chillers and HVAC. Respond promptly to elevator breakdowns. Maintain accurate maintenance records.
· Respond to and resolve engineering service requests in a courteous, efficient, safe manner.
· Appropriate and proper use of engineering supplies and tools.
· Maintain all engineering and work areas in orderly and clean condition.
· Prompt reporting to engineering management all emergencies, injuries, missing articles, damage, mechanical problems and safety hazards.
· Document all parts used and parts needed to be purchased.
· On time and at work when scheduled, and in proper uniform.
· Attend department meetings as scheduled.
· Consistent professional and positive attitude and actions when communicating with guests and associates.
· Report any incidents of guest dissatisfaction or unusual matters of significance to manager / supervisor so that corrective measures may be taken.
· Comply with policies and procedures. Practice safe work habits and comply with sanitary, safety, security and emergency procedures. Write shift reports including reports on any incidents of theft, accidents or injuries when assigned. Check with manager / supervisor before leaving work area for any reason.
· Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
· Any other tasks / duties as requested by management.
Skills and Abilities:
*Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service.
*Ability to understand and comply with proper preventive maintenance and repair policies, procedures and brand standards.
*Ability to properly use engineering tools and supplies.
*Ability to timely complete assignments, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
*Ability to follow an appropriate course of action based on policies and procedures.
*Attention to details with good organizational and efficient time management skills.
*Consistent professional attitude and behavior with effective listening and communication skills.
*Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
*Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction.