Location: US - NY - New York
Manhattan branded hotel seeks Working Chief Engineer for boutique style property.
REPORTS TO: General Manager / Building Manager
Engineer Position Description: To maintain the hotel building to an acceptable quality standard and to provide superior service to the guests.
Provides professional and courteous service at all times.Responsible for all maintenance and preventative maintenance to include: utilities, boiler, heating, water, plumbing, fire alarms and suppression systems FSD record keeping, refrigeration, water treatment, preventative maintenance, A/C units, ice machines, lighting, equipment, emergency generator, laundry machines, electrical , roof exhausts, electronic key system, landscaping and other duties as may be assigned.
- Monitors electric, oil and water consumption.
- Ensures all projects are completed according to specifications and are completed on time.
- Understands and practices duties in accordance with OSHA standards.
- Perform all guestroom and public area preventive maintenance services as outlined for our hotel.
- Performs maintenance checks of equipment and logs properly.
- Snow removal.
- Reports all safety and security concerns to management immediately.
- Ensures all key inventories are secure.
- Responds to all emergency situations prepared to assist. On call for such events.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance programs.
- Performs inventory duties as required.
- Maintains cleanliness of entrance and attractiveness of hotel.
- Ensures cleanliness and orderliness of all work space and storage areas.
- Complete projects as determined by management
- Complies with all city ordinances and building code.
- Maintains accurate records, certifications and documentation required by city and state.
Previous building engineering experience required.
- In possession of or easily able to obtain boiler license, S12 Sprinkler and S13 Standpipe Certificate of Fitness and FSD/EAP Certification
- Some background in plumbing, heating and electrical.
- Be able to paint plaster and tape small jobs if needed.
- Mechanically inclined. Understand the technologies
- Work though various situations.
- Solve problems, make decisions on the line. .
- React quickly in emergency situations.
- Be able to work with people of all backgrounds and orientations.
- Be available nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds, speak, read and write in English
- Must be able to make mathematical calculations,
- Handle tools and place safety first in all circumstances.
Must be able to pass background check. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Workplace that considers applicants without regard to gender, race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.