The Loews Boston Hotel is seeking an Engineer to join the Hotel’s engineering team. The Loews Boston Hotel is a 4 Diamond, luxury 225 room hotel with six meeting rooms and 4500 square feet of meeting space. For more information about the Loews Boston Hotel, please visit www.loewsboston.com.
Performs specific repair and maintenance operations throughout the hotel, general maintenance of buildings and grounds, and completion of maintenance requests. Also responsible for guest requests and uses the HotSOS program and radio system communicate with star service. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs general repairs and maintenance work.
- Responds to Meeting Room, Guest Room, Food & Beverage Outlet, Public Space, and Back of the house maintenance requests.
- Reviews and completes daily complaint log.
- Performs work as dispatched by HotSOS or other system.
- Performs minor set-ups for hotel functions.
- Expedites light bulb replacement program.
- Maintains and stocks supplies and tools in storerooms on floors.
- Assists guests with any requests.
- Follows up all maintenance requests as directed by the Director of Engineering
- Communicates daily with the Director of Engineering on status of maintenance/repair assignments.
- Ensures that the hotel's building systems are operating safely, economically and efficiently.
- Follows proper hotel standards while engaging in repairs in occupied guest rooms or guest areas.
- Assists the Chief Engineer in ensuring that all hotel systems meet the standards established by local, state and federal regulating agencies.
- Has basic knowledge of hotel's plumbing, heating/boiler, electrical, refrigeration, air conditioning, fire safety, sprinkler, lighting and communication systems.
- Assists Chief Engineer in floor/room inspections.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Check clipboard and daily assignment sheet for job assignments.
- Completely familiar with Hotel Emergency procedures and able to respond quickly and accurately during an actual emergency, to notify all appropriate personnel.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Courses in engineering/maintenance preferred.
- Must have English skills (read, write and speak).
- Familiarity with basic tools and equipment, electrical, a/c pumps required.
- This position requires bending, lifting and stooping. Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be flexible to work any shift, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be customer-service orientated and have excellent hospitality skills.
- Knowledge of computer programs utilized in property management
- Must be able to stand for an eight-hour shift
Education: High school diploma preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years previous experience working in general maintenance required.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends and holidays. Job descriptions above are not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in the position may be asked to perform. Interested applicants, please reply back to this posting with your resume attached. Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V.
Loews Hotels is a vibrant collection of one-of-a-kind hotels with distinct personalities. Each hotel and resort offers high-quality accommodations, impressive surroundings, personalized service, and thoughtful amenities for a luxurious guest experience. As a company we care about our guests, our community and our team members.
Headquartered in New York City, Loews Hotels manages properties in most major markets in the U.S. and Canada. Each property goes beyond Four Diamond standards to provide guests with a supremely comfortable, uniquely local travel experience at a great value. Loews Hotels boast prime locations in the cities of New York, Washington DC, Denver, Los Angeles, Nashville, Philadelphia, Annapolis, Montreal, and Quebec City, as well as world-renowned vacation destinations such as Miami's South Beach, Universal Orlando, New Orleans, Tucson, and California's Coronado Island. Loews has established some of the industry's most innovative and successful travel programs, including Loews Loves Kids for families and Loews Loves Pets for discerning animals on the road.
At Loews Hotels, our team members' commitment to our guests and dedication to our communities is cherished. We seek genuine individuals who are able to engage and delight our guests by providing Four Diamond AND MORE service. We invest in training and development opportunities for all team members, so they may grow and develop as individuals. We embrace diversity at our core and offer the opportunity for all team members to reach their potential as professionals. At Loews Hotels, we seek to create a dynamic culture that makes work interesting, challenging, fulfilling and fun.
As part of our commitment to our team members, Loews Hotels is proud to offer competitive compensation and benefit plans tailored to each marketplace. These include:
- Pay that meets or exceeds area standards
- Retirement (401-K) and incentive plans
- Medical and dental coverage
- Short and long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Holiday and vacation pay
- Team member assistance plans
- Career development programs
- Tuition reimbursement programs
Loews Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture, M/F/D/V