At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
Inspiring ways to “Bee the Difference” with every guest and employee interaction. We’ve created a place where YOU feel at home with an excellent working environment that encourages our “Bee the Difference” Culture. We provide benefits for Fulltime employees such as; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term disability and recently adding Critical Illness and Accidental Insurance.
Company 401 k and Employee Assistance Program is available to ALL employees including complimentary lunch, uniforms, and a continuous education opportunity with our Grove Graduate Program.
Our NEW destination. Yours to discover.
The Grove Resort & Spa, where we have perfected the art of meeting your high expectations.
Basic Function: To maintain the guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas in good repair by performing various tasks related to a variety of trades including but not limited to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, air conditioning, painting, wall covering and masonry to ensure an attractive and well-maintained hotel.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
v Education: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
v Experience: Basic experience in maintenance trades, including electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
v Licenses or certificates: No licenses required.
v Grooming: All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Knowledge of all maintenance trades, including basic electrical, plumbing, mechanical and carpentry.
- Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
- Skill in the use of related tools (including both hand and electric tools).
- Basic English language communication and mathematical skills in order to communicate with co-workers, fully comprehend job assignments and perform accurate simple arithmetic functions.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to push and pull objects or materials weighing up to 100 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, working at heights up to approximately 30 feet, for extended periods of time, with the ability to reach, often times overhead.
- Ability to grasp, lift or carry items weighing up to 70 lbs., occasionally waist high.
- Ability to deal with a number of problems requiring initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to move and work throughout the hotel for the duration of the shift.
1. Inspect guestrooms, public space and back of the house areas to repair, touch up or replace light bulbs, lamps, switches, outlets, faucets, toilets, hardware, filters, paint, furniture, wall covering, caulking, grouting or other miscellaneous repairs. This requires the individual to visually inspect and detect items needing repair and requires a considerable knowledge of a wide variety of maintenance trades. Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry and mechanical experience is used frequently on the job. Performing these duties requires experience in using basic hand and power tools and the ability to stoop, kneel, grasp, lift, push and pull weights up to 80 lbs., climb ladders up to 30 feet high and reach in all directions, often times overhead. (90%)
2. Detailed record keeping in English is required for logs and inspection sheets. (5%)
3. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Eaglewood from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
4. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
5. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Eaglewood rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
1. Maintain inventory of supplies needed to perform job function.
2. Report major repairs and items which cannot be repaired to the dispatcher for further action and if necessary, place a room out of order.
3. Due to the nature of the business the individual may be required to do other duties and special projects as assigned by the supervisor, such as making props or cleaning of the workshop.