A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award-winning owner and operator of some of the world's most prestigious hotels, resorts and residences.
Our award winning property, in the nation's capital, is situated on D.C.'s growing South West waterfront. Commanding monumental views, the property offers 400 guest rooms including 54 suites, extensive event space, and our signature Spa at Mandarin Oriental. Mandarin Oriental, Washington D.C. welcomes individuals who are guest centered and are committed to making a difference every day; continually getting better to keep us the best.
We are currently looking for an experienced cocktail server to join our dynamic team in Empress Bar & Lounge.
Consistently delighting and satisfying our guests in conjunction with company standards.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Pillars of Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Departmental Legendary Quality Experiences on a daily basis to ensure Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Support company's philosophy and company culture through the use of Guiding Principles and D.E.L.I.G.H.T as part of ensuring Guest Satisfaction and the achievement of our Mission Statement.
- Setting and maintaining the lobby lounge environment and material perfectly clean.
- To have excellent knowledge of all menu items, including but not limited to wine, spirits, and beverage lists, and also communicating this knowledge to the guest in an enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Clearing and wiping tables, carrying trays, running food and beverage items.
- Serving and assisting the guest courteously and efficiently.
- Substituting the bartender while he is away (to have the knowledge for preparation of basic beverage items).
- Delivering food and beverages to the guests.
- Reset station and section after shift.
- Following the posted opening and closing duties.
Additional duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with other colleagues to accomplish tasks and delight the guests.
- Attend daily communications meeting.
- Attend monthly department meeting.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and expertise:
- Minimum of 2+ years experience as server in an upscale hospitality environment. Prior experience in a similar role is highly preferred.
- Must be a superior multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a very flexible schedule to include AM's, PM's, holidays and weekends.
- Must have excellent communication skills with fluency in English required.
- Must have an excellent knowledge of cocktails, beers, wines, tea service, and food preperation techniques.
- Must be computer proficient with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, MICROS, OpenTable, etc.
- Must be able to stand/walk for extended periods of time while on shift.