IN 2016, DESTINATION AND COMMUNE STARTED A NEW JOURNEY TOGETHER.
We set off to create the most extraordinary independent hospitality company in the world. By combining two brands that embody freedom and discovery, we have assembled an unrivaled collection of unique properties, passionate people, and remarkable experiences from across the globe. No other company can lead this journey and feed the endless curiosity of today's fiercely individual traveler. We are in the business of individuality. It's the hallmark of our entire portfolio, running through all of our collections and each one of our properties. It describes every guest, owner, and team member. And it's the centerline down the road we are on. We don't know where the next fork in the road will take us, but we do know we'll enjoy the journey. We welcome you to join us.
Job OverviewWe are currently seeking a dynamic, highly motivated and dedicated Email Marketer to work with our Hotels, Brand Leaders and Digital Strategy team. The ideal candidate would be an analytical person who has prior experience executing automated email campaigns, is fluent in HTML/CSS, and has superior problem solving skills. A significant portion of this position involves day-to-day support of an enterprise wide email marketing platform, managing a customer database and developing programmatic marketing campaigns.
In conjunction with the AVP Loyalty Marketing and CRM, this position supports the development and implementation of CRM plans to maximize revenue and lifetime value from past guests, loyalty program members and non-members. This role is critical to ensuring the proper utilization and leverage of our CRM platform investment. A significant portion of this position is performing duties related to the day-to-day support of the CRM platform and email marketing support at the property and brand levels.
The ideal candidate will thrive on creating solutions, and will be process minded, detail oriented, and resourceful.
- Drive tactical, direct email marketing efforts at the brand and property level to increase revenue from past guests and cross sell within brands.
- CRM system and Email platform administration, configuration and expansion
- Support properties in using CRM platform and with their email marketing efforts
- Prepare and distribute reports and dashboards for corporate sales marketing team and field leaders showcasing email results
- Make changes to HTML templates for automated transactional and marketing driven emails
- Facilitate training sessions and update teaching materials to increase knowledge throughout the organization at the corporate, brand and property levels on the email platform tool
- Build and maintain a full suite of training materials including library of documentation, training videos and assessments.
- On-board new email platform users and provide end user support and education on the use of the platform
- Track system requests and customizations through the CRM support ticketing system
- Document business rules and processes associated with the CRM platform and maintain documentation as use evolves.
- Admin duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of related experience working with an email service provider platform (Salesforce Marketing Cloud, IBM Watson or equivalent is preferred)
- Experience building and deploying direct marketing campaigns using marketing automation tools, expert in campaign management, analytics, testing systems and tools
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, Responsive, Photoshop
- Ability to analyze and report on technical issues
- Strong knowledge of best practices for direct response creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Must possess effective communication skills when speaking to technical, non-technical and marketing personnel
- Superior time management skills, attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment, meeting multiple tight deadlines
- Passion for continually pushing our direct marketing & retention programs to the forefront in relation to competitive travel industry standards.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with ability to think big picture while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to successfully engage with all levels within the organization and diverse management styles
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and have a solutions-oriented mindset
- Prior database system experience a plus