A career with Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group opens up a wealth of exciting opportunities for you, both now and for your future development. Our vision is to be widely recognised as the best luxury hotel group in the world. The Group is renowned for creating a culture that provides a motivating and rewarding environment in which to thrive.
- Create and check standard recipes and the preparations process of it to ensure portion control, uniformity of taste and quality.
- Create daily requisitions and kitchens transfers with the given ordering systems.
- Report all challenges and failures of machinery, tools or equipment's and follow up.
- Liaise and communicate with other Sous Chefs and Section leaders on any inter departmental requirements.
- Attend all training sessions deemed suitable by the Department Head.
- The Sous Chef is assisting the Executive Sous Chef with the production and quality control of all foods prepared in his/her respective area section.
- Works closely with the Executive Sous Chef in planning adequate supply of required items for restaurants and banquets, menu development and other related areas.