Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown Hotel is looking for a Driver/Bellman to join our winning team. The Driver/Bellman is part of the Guest Services Team.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to follow safety and security procedures and will not pose a direct threat to the health/safety of self or others.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, organize, maintain concentration, and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to communicate calmly with irate Guests, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Treat co-workers and guests with courtesy, friendliness and respect and provide responsive service.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions in verbal, written or diagram form.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to interact with people, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Room arriving guests and assist departing guests professionally and with the utmost courtesy.
- Handle all luggage, baggage, packages, etc. carefully and safely. Adhere to hotel policy for luggage storage and retrieval.
- Responsible for being completely familiar with all types of guest rooms and hotel facilities.
- Responsible for knowledge of groups and functions in the Hotel on a daily basis.
- Provide shuttle service as needed.
- Patrol hotel parking lot in van or golf cart.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness of lobby area, bell closet, porte cochere, and parking lot.
- Maintain control of guest and employee laundry pickup and delivery.
- Ensure all equipment is in operating order and all supplies are up to par.
- Answer all guest questions accurately and resolve problems in a timely manner ensuring guest satisfaction. Authorize revenue allowances as allowed by hotel policy.
- Assist guests with directions and use computer for maps.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
- Assist other departments with moving boxes and equipment.
- Be familiar with the operating procedures of all other areas of the hotel, cooperating fully and in a friendly manner with those areas to assure customer satisfaction.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Attends department and inter-departmental meetings.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensures total guest satisfaction.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and performs other duties as directed or assigned.
Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to Michele.email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
1-2 years: Customer Service
1 year: Bellman
Licenses & Certifications