The Driver and Bellman are responsible for driving the van to and from the airport according to scheduled van runs and/or as needed for guests and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner. He/she is also responsible for assisting with luggage.
General Requirements · Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
· Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
· Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
· Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
· Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
· Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
· Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
· Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
· Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
· Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
· Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
· Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
· Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
· Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
· Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
Fundamental Requirements· Load and unload carts and vehicles and assist guests with tagging, storing and retrieving of luggage.
· Drive guests to and from airport and other assigned trips, while ensuring the safety of all passengers.
· Escort guests to rooms upon request.
· Open vehicle and hotel doors and greet arriving and departing guests.
· Deliver messages to meeting rooms.
· Maintain list of local transportation guides, churches, sport arenas, etc.
· Provide information, maps, and directions as necessary.
· Deliver flowers, packages and messages to guestrooms.
· Assist with room changes.
· Maintain hotel van: gas, oil, cleanliness - interior and exterior; fill out daily van reports and report any malfunctions to management.
· Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff.
· Notify security of accidents and complete appropriate documentation.
· Answer console to assist Guest Services Agents.
· Show guestrooms and suites as needed and emphasize the hotel’s amenities.
Assist Bell Staff as needed