Founded in 1985, First Hospitality Group, Inc. is a nationally recognized hotel management company providing management, acquisition, development and receivership services to a variety of hotels. Our portfolio includes more than 55 properties and 16 major hotel brands including Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Hyatt and Carlson. Headquartered in the Chicago area, we concentrate our business prospects in key markets in the Midwest — spanning our business in major cities across 10 states.
Our Company is dedicated to putting people first. FHG's strong and engaging culture creates a high-level experience for associates and guests alike. We look for service super stars to join our team and support our commitment to excellence.
We provide a broad based, experienced supervisory staff focused on achieving all of our goals: exceptional financial returns, well-trained and motivated associates, and superior levels of guest satisfaction.
Our outstanding track record has been achieved through an uncompromising and consistent dedication to these goals. With over half of our managed properties owned by our company and its principals, we approach our day-to-day activities with this entrepreneurial ownership perspective. The results speak for themselves.
We seek a positive, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Bell Person to join our team. The Bell Person will work closely with the hotel’s guest service team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Represent the hotel in a positive manner at all times.
Provide the highest quality of service to ensure a positive experience for all guests.
* Load and unload luggage carts and assist guests with the tagging, storing and retrieving of luggage.
* Handle all guests' luggage with care.
* Assist guests with taxis and other transportation needs.
* Open vehicle and hotel doors and greet arriving and departing guests.
* Respond to guest questions and give accurate information on local attractions, events and daily activities in the hotel.
* Be aware of VIP and repeat guests; greet them by name whenever possible.
Communicate with the Front Desk to ensure quick and efficient guest check-ins.
* Be able to provide detailed and accurate directions both within the hotel and in the surrounding area.
* Deliver messages and/or packages to guests at their request in a timely manner.
* Utilize hotel communication device in a professional manner in order to better serve guests effectively and in a timely manner.
* Answer guest inquiries and/or direct guests to appropriate department or manager.
* Maintain a neat and presentable lobby and hotel entrance at all times.
* Exemplify the hotel's Standard Code of Conduct and all other regulations established by management and Employee Handbook.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
* Requires good communication skills
* Wear the proper attire/uniform at all times and be well groomed.
* Know the local area, roadways, and services.
* Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
* Be able to lift up to 100 pounds and push/pull a cart weighing up to 350 pounds.
* High school diploma or preferred.
* Excellent customer service skills
First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER