Morgans HoteI Group is proud to be a perpetual pioneer in the hospitality industry. Founded in New York City in 1984, Morgans is recognized worldwide as the originator of the boutique hotel concept. By constantly refining basic ideas and always striving to reinvent the hotel experience, Morgans Hotel Group has created a number of breakthrough concepts that have revolutionized the industry. With twelve properties in its worldwide portfolio, Morgans is a market-leader that is poised for growth. Our design-driven approach to reinventing the traditional hotel space has made Morgans a sought after brand for guests and owners alike. Join our trend-setting team of top operators whose driving purpose is to create engaging and dynamic guest experiences for all who enter!
* All Door Hosts are to check IDs of all patrons that appear to be under the age of 30 to ensure that they are of legal drinking age (21 years old)
* Door Hosts are to greet all approaching guests with a smile in a manner that is both friendly and professional.
* Door Hosts are to be professional and respectful when turning guests away at the door that are not on the list or that are not going to be accommodated that day or night. If Guests get aggressive when being turned away, Door Hosts are expected to remain professional and to diffuse the situation. If needed, the Door Hosts may remove themselves and step away from the aggressors. �When needed, they should call Hotel Security for assistance.
* Door Hosts are to help diffuse any altercations between upset guests within the venue. When needed they can call Hotel Security for back up.
* At absolutely no time are the Door Hosts to solicit for a Tip or Payment from any guests to assure entrance into Skybar or to avoid or reduce a table minimum.
* Door Hosts are only allowed to accept money as a “thank you” tip from the guests that are already being accommodated. Accepting money before a guest has entered the venue or from guests that have already been denied, will not be viewed as a Tip and will be considered a violation of our policy.
* There is never a cover charge at Skybar. Door Hosts should never collect money as a cover charge, nor should there be behavior that creates a perception that there is a cover charge.
* Door Hosts are to enter notes in Seven Rooms about groups booked onto the guest list so we can better curate our crowd.
* Door Hosts are to enter names, emails and birthdates for all guests that should be invited back for special events at Skybar. Shift expectation is for 5 new clients to be added per Door Host per shift.
* Door Hosts are to call VIP Hosts to seat all Table reservations.
* Door Hosts are responsible for checking out and returning Ipads on each shift.
* Any violation of the above will be disciplined up to and including termination.
* Less than 1 year(s): Prior Experience preferred
* High School or better
Licenses & Certifications
* Training for Intervention
* Hospitality Skills
* Ability to Stand for Hours
* Strong Verbal Skills
* Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
* Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
* Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
* Flexibility: Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals