Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
Provide guests with the highest level of efficiency, service, and genuine enthusiasm, surpassing all the hotel guest's expectations.
* Always delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional internal and external guest service.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to EAST Host Supervisors, GE Manager, or any other person as needed.
* Responsible for all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Must always stand at / by the hotel doors and/or curb side to greet and welcome all hotel guests.
* Capable of interacting well with the guests and residents in a positive, friendly attitude, while taking an active interest in their movements
* Must respond to any emergency situations.
* Is knowledgeable and can answer any questions about the vicinity and neighborhood
* Wears a complete uniform including but not limited to their radio, and earpiece which must always be worn. Uniform must always be kept clean and neat.
* Must always greet guests appropriately upon arrival in a warm and friendly manner, and provides a professional and guest focused service to all guests that enter the hotel.
* Opens car doors for arriving and departing guests and escorts them into the lobby as needed.
* Responsible for the front drive to be clean, organized, without debris, and coordinating the flow with valet.
* Unloads / loads luggage, bags, boxes etc.
* Assists and fosters a flow amongst the bellman / front desk staff, as it pertains to the arrival and departure experience
* Coordinates with desk all information pertaining to the guest and their movements.
* Keeps entrance to the hotel clear and controls the flow of cars stationed on the drive.
* Arranges taxis and all transportation
* Assists guests with directions, hotel information, local events and any minor issues in a professional manner that may arise.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Always exercises responsible behavior and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Responsible for the content within the hotel's Employee Handbook and understand and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* Must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and can explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential job functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills or abilities.
* Must be able to lift or carry up to 80lbs.
* Must be able to stand for entire shift.
* Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Second Latin language a plus.
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
* Maintain regular attendance in compliance with East Miami Hotel standards, as required by scheduling which will vary per the needs of the hotel.
* Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming.
* Must always comply with East Miami Hotel standards and regulation to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
* Always maintain a friendly and warm demeanor.
* Must always be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guest, managers and fellow team members.
* Welcome all guests in accordance with East, Miami standards including but not limited to VIP and special guest requests
* Be familiar with all in-house guests & groups.
* Establish and maintain good communication and teamwork with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
* Have knowledge of and assist in all emergency procedures as required.
* Handle checked in/out in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
* Can perform & complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
* Answer inquiries from guest regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc. within the property.
* All and any other duties as assigned by leadership.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.