Swire Hotels announces the opening in 2015 of EAST, Miami at Brickell City Centre, Swire Properties Inc.'s US$1 billion mixed use development in Miami's downtown financial district. It will be the hotel group's first property in the United States and the third hotel under the EAST brand, after the successful opening of EAST, Hong Kong in Island East in 2010 and EAST, Beijing at INDIGO, Beijing in 2012.
EAST, Miami is a lifestyle hotel with a pulse. Perched on top of Brickell City Centre, EAST connects directly to dozens of vibrant restaurants and countless shops while the thriving Brickell street scene lies just outside the door. In the heart of downtown, EAST, Miami offers 255 contemporary rooms, 8 modern suites and 89 serviced apartments.
We serve Guests with the freedom and spontaneity reflected in the individual personalities of our team members.
Who We Are
Swire Hotels is a collection of three individual brands of hotels. This includes the House Collective, EAST and Chapter Hotels. We promise to create different, surprising, relaxing, intoxicating and unique hotel experiences but only those that will actively improve the lives of our guests.
We set out to find natural, engaging and intuitive people and to create a style of service that is both highly professional, yet relaxed and unstuffy.
Our team members flourish by being encouraged to be themselves with guests in order to create engaging and intuitive relationships.
Nature of the Job
Basic Purpose & Objective of the Position
* To ensure guest has a good experience at the Bar.
* Delivers the brand promise and provides exceptional guest service at all times.
* Provides excellent service to internal customers.
* Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to the Bar Manager and the Restaurant Manager.
* Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
* Ensures that all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling and licensing are adhered to.
* Exhibits and executes a complete knowledge of the venue's sequence of service and selling technique.
* Prepares all products according to established venue recipes, focusing on proper portion size control.
* Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
* Communicates and works with all support staff to ensure bar is properly stocked and prepared for operations.
* Communicates and works with all support staff to ensure inventory is maintained at established par levels.
* Work with a sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs and assist other team members when the opportunity arises.
* Communicates with management & service staff to rectify any and all customer needs, comments or incidents.
* Complies with all state and federal liquor laws.
* Must be able to provide an upbeat, energetic, fun atmosphere at all times.
* Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift and work inside assigned bar area in the venue.
* Must be observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
* Must be able to operate: POS cash register, two and six wheel carts, juice, soda and liquor guns, cutting boards, espresso machine, ice machines, shot glasses, mixers, pourers, blenders, soda/wine/juice hook-ups, and knives.
* Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend, climb and carry objects as necessary.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and manually push/pull up to 150 pounds.
* Must be able to use hand motion when preparing and pouring all types of drinks for customers.
* Must be able to work in a fast pace and high-volume environment in the presence of areas containing second hand smoke, high noise levels, dancing, bright lights and dust and communicate during this time -- sometimes within a small area.
* Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
* Supports Swire Hotels' cultural and people development implementations and characteristics.
* Attends and contributes to all training sessions and meetings as required.
* Exercises responsible behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel team and Swire Hotels.
* Maintains strong, professional relationship with relevant representatives from competitor hotels, business partners and other organizations.
* Reads the hotel's Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adheres to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to computer resources, fire, hygiene, health and safety.
* Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
* Responds to changes within Guest Experience, as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
* Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Requirements
* A minimum of two years of experience in a high volume, service focused restaurant or nightclub.
* Must have a working knowledge of spirits, wine and beer as well as all other products offered.
* Must be self-motivated, constantly striving to improve their already extensive knowledge of beverages.
* Must be driven to focus on upselling at all times.
* Possess basic computer abilities and experience working with a POS system.
* Be able to maintain excellent customer service skills & high service standards in a constantly changing environment.
* Possess a working knowledge of standards bar equipment to include dish washer, slicers, coolers, ice machine, etc.
* Must be fluent in the English language, both written and oral. Multilingual skills are a plus.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
See description above.