Location: US - SC - Spartanburg
The company is seeking District Manager (DM) candidates to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a self-directed leader who cultivates teamwork while providing leadership and direction to assigned General Managers. District Managers will direct and manage property operations for multiple properties ensuring optimum performance and continual improvement in all KPIs.
KEY JOB DUTIES
- Conduct regular property visits at each hotel.
- Ensure General Managers are provided clear goals and objectives for each assigned property.
- Manage a team of General Managers including coaching, counseling, performance evaluations etc.
- Promote the 100% guest satisfaction objective and ensure the property management team imparts this philosophy to all associates throughout the hotel.
- Responsible for the formulation of each property’s annual budget, forecasts and capital expenditure improvement proposal.
- Responsible for the management of labor standards and property level expenses to achieve maximum flow‑through to the bottom line for each hotel.
- Ensure all assigned general managers fully understand the budgeting process and how to fully evaluate and address underperforming financial areas.
- Work with RDS and RDO to plan sales activities, set goals and compile reports to produce and track sales at each property.
- Assist the General Managers with retention programs and turnover reduction strategies.
- Work to build solid client relationships in the district and with the management team and staff at each assigned hotel.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel or Hospitality Management or related Business degree.
- 5 years’ experience in hotel management as a General Manager.
- Multi property operations responsibilities and experience in the hospitality industry, preferably hotels.
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- P/L management experience with proven growth performance experience preferred.
- Sales and operational experience in multiple markets preferred.
- Knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in MS Word & Excel, and Power Point.
- Must be able to work within multiple property management systems.
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have good decision-making abilities.
- Must be able to work independently and multi-task, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Ability to maintain flexibility in work hours/days.
- Ability to travel extensively