Aurora Inn Hotel and Event Center
Location: US - OH - Aurora
The Aurora Inn Hotel & Event Center and Six Horses Tavern wants your positivity and creativity.
The Aurora Inn puts you in the heart of it all. The hotel is just minutes from some of the area's largest shopping areas, including Aurora Farms Premium Outlets, Aurora Commons, and Barrington Town Center as well as Thorncreek Winery, Du-More Equestrian Farm, and Grantwood Public Golf Course, making it perfect for weekend getaways.
We are looking for Team Members who exemplify the Core Values of Portfolio Hotels & Resorts:
- Be incredibly friendly & positive
- Serve & respect others
- Be smart about your business
- Enthusiastically reimagine and innovate
SUMMARY:The Dishwasher is primarily responsible for washing all restaurant, bar, and banquet dishes and aiding in the overall cleanliness of the restaurant and kitchen. S/He will promote a safe and welcoming working environment to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
The Dishwasher shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the Hotel's Culture and Portfolio Hotels & Resorts' Team Members.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude.
- Complete daily set up procedures.
- Greet guests as they enter the dining room.
- Communicate special guest needs to servers and/or supervisors.
- Collect and maintain the cleanliness of dining menus.
- Maintain communication with management, kitchen staff, service staff and guests to ensure dishes are handled properly.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of restaurant offerings to guests.
- Provide guidance to guests on hotel activities, dining options, and general regional information.
- Remove used tableware between courses and provide tableware for next course.
- Take soiled tableware to dish room and unload, sort, clean and stack silverware, dishes, glassware, etc.
- Assist server as needed with food delivery.
- Set up and serve special functions and events as scheduled.
- Participates in table and dining room clean up.
- Maintains dining room safety and sanitation.
- Maintain a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of windows, etc.
- Punches in, signs in, and reports to the Restaurant Manager/Assistant Restaurant Manager on time and in full uniform for each shift.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bus Person experience preferred, but not required
- Knowledge of basic restaurant service and pleasant attitude
- Neat, clean person with strong desire to serve people
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Exceptional guest-focus
- Fluency in other languages beneficial