Crowne Plaza Wilmington North
Location: US - DE - Claymont
REPORTS TO: Executive Chef
Purpose for the Position: Clean and sanitize all areas of the kitchen and operate the dish washing machine in a safe, accident- free manner.
- Operate dish washing machine.
- Maintain organization - proper rack stacking, silver presoaking.
- Sweep and mop floors. Keep floors clean and dry, pick up wet spills immediately.
- Clean walls, tables, racks, sinks, floor mats, and disposal area.
- Polish stainless steel.
- Clean ovens, hoods, filters, drain, hot boxes, steam tables, flat boxes, and ceiling vents according to schedule or as specified by lead steward.
- Empty all trash cans over ¾ full at end of shift; wash out and return to kitchen.
- Perform special cleaning projects as assigned.
- Maintain mop station with 2 mops/buckets, 2 brooms, and proper cleaning solutions.
- Cooperate with restaurant personnel and their needs in order to ensure that guests are taken care of.
To do this kind of work, you must be able to:
- Skillfully use hand tools or machines needed for your work.
Physical Demands: Lifting 50 - 70 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 lbs. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, reaching, handling, bending, climbing 15 - 20 steps, feeling, seeing.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered "inside" if the worker spends approximately 75% or more of the time inside.
Extreme Heat Plus Temperature Changes:
Extremes of Heat: Temperature sufficiently high to cause marked bodily discomfort unless the worker is provided with exceptional protection.
Temperature Changes: Variations in temperature which are sufficiently marked and abrupt to cause noticeable bodily reactions.
Math Skills: Requires mathematical development sufficient to be able to: Add, subtract and divide all units of measure.
Language Skills: Must have developed language skills to the point to be able to: Read and understand instructions, safety rules, etc.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Computing: Performing arithmetic operations and reporting on and/or carrying out a prescribed action in relation to them.
People: Serving: Attending to the needs, requests or the expressed or implicit wishes of people. Immediate response is involved.
Things: Precision Working: Using body members and/or tools or work aids to work, move, guide or place objects or materials in situations where ultimate responsibility for the attainment of standard occurs and selection of appropriate tools, objects or materials and the adjustment of the tool to the task require exercise of considerable judgment.
Specific Vocational Preparation: Specific vocational training includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs which lead to the higher job or serving in other jobs. Over 30 days up to and including 3 months.