Director, Operations - Hilton Huizhou Longmen Resort
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travelers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued, and respected.
If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and value the effort it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts. Because it's with Hilton Hotels & Resorts where we promise an exceptional Guest experience every time.
What will I be doing?
Responsible for the overall operation of the hotel. Oversees the activities of key guest contact departments including hotel operations and food and beverage. Maximizes profitability as well as guest and team member satisfaction. Implements and oversees the daily quality process at the hotel. Ensures hotel implementation and compliance of Hilton Worldwide policies and procedures as well as Brand Standards. Leads executive committee/department heads to ensure overall profit, service and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded.
Average percent of the time
60%: Leads and manages hotel operations
* Reviews and approves hotel operations and food and beverage department budgets, defining and directing changes, as required.
* Reviews forecasts and balanced scorecard. Directs hotel actions required maximizing profitability, increasing service levels and improving team member satisfaction.
* Ensures hotel implementation and compliance with daily quality process of Hilton Hotels Corporation policies and procedures as well as Brand Standards.
* Responsible for the capital expenditure projects and necessary planning and execution of the current year and five year planning cycles.
* Leads executive committee members and department heads to ensure overall profit, service and team member satisfaction goals are met or exceeded
* Speaks with and responds to guests regarding service challenges
* Co-Facilitates hotel meetings (Staff meeting and other planning meetings)
* Hires, supervises, coaches, disciplines and conducts performance evaluations for department heads and key personnel.
* Develops the skills and abilities of direct reports
* Monitors high potential department heads and team member activity and ensures their growth within the company
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
* Oversee various vendors operating within the hotel to ensure they are operating within the standards set forth in their contract
* Assist in the administration of the Rooms teams succession planning.
Hilton World Wide Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
What are we looking for?
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
* Ability to manage extensive amounts of information and provides constructive feedback/direction.
* Extensive knowledge of hotel operations; Front Office and Housekeeping.
* Excellent written skills.
* Excellent oral communication and presentation skills
* Considerable ability to listen effectively.
* Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team.
* Ability to delegate manage and organize projects and establish priorities consistent with company objectives.
* Ability to effectively deal with owners, customers and team members, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy.
* Ability to manage multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
* Ability to effectively lead team of professionals.
Four-year college degree preferred
* Leadership experience; preferably 5 years or more
* Requires substantial and successful track record in hotel management and operations
* Proven track record of successes in achieving revenue and service objectives
* Proven ability to recruit, motivate and train a team of professionals
What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Hilton Hotels & Resorts --- the global leader of hospitality.
More than 500 locations and nearly 200,000 rooms across six continents
Innovations include: pioneering the airport hotel concept, becoming the first coast-to-coast hotel chain in the US, and the first to install televisions in Guest ooms
Flagship brand of Hilton Worldwide with properties in more than 77 countries
More than 70 world-class resorts and more nearly 200 full-service spas
Harris Poll EquiTrend®, Brand of the Year - Full Service Hotel for 2010 and 2011
Number one global brand awareness in the hospitality industry