Director of Talent Acquisition
PM Hotel Group
Location: US - MD - Chevy Chase
The Director of Talent Acquisition will be a key member of the corporate HR team (support center HR) focusing on establishing talent strategies, strengthening company branding and directing/performing all key functions related to recruiting top talent.
Talent Acquisition Strategy, Planning and Recruiting
Sets and directs the talent acquisition strategy for all support center positions and for key executive level hotel positions, including new builds and hotel acquisitions
- Develops, implements and strengthens company’s branding strategy to define PM Hotel Group as an employer of choice through social media platforms
- Leads strategic recruitment meetings with hiring managers to identify the hiring needs, define the right position profile and agree on the recruitment strategy to deliver the talent needed; updates job descriptions as needed
Identifies key sourcing strategies and creates and posts high impact job postings to ensure attraction of key talent; sources qualified applicants and conducts pre-screen interviews
Responsible for the budget and all logistics for in-person interviews with hiring managers and ensuring reimbursement for any candidate out of pocket expenses
- Responsible for the relationship management of candidates throughout the recruitment process, ensuring a positive candidate experience at all levels & stages
- Guides hiring managers and interviewing teams through the recruiting and talent selection process, including the effective use of situational and behavioral-based talent selection methods
- Partners with hiring manager to extend offers; responsible for sending offer letters and ensuring all new hire paperwork and requirements are completed per company standards
- Partners with Sr. Director of Human Resources to ensure all new hires receive a best in class orientation and on-boarding experience
- Develops, tracks and uses key metrics to drive continuous improvements in the recruiting process; conducts regular follow-up with new hires and recruiting managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
Establishes innovative strategies to develop talent pools and to ensure talent pipelines are continuously being strengthened to support current needs as well as future growth of the business
Partners with vendors and staffing firms for positions with poor candidate pools
Creates and maintains rich networks within social media, local organizations, schools and other sources to identify active and passive candidates for current or future openings.
Directly responsible for the company’s internship program at the hotel level and the support center
As needed consult and strategize with hotels regarding local talent needs
- Strengthens the brand of the support center human resources team by continuously delivering on expectations and communicating successes and wins throughout the organization
- Conducts regular follow-up with new hires and recruiting managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation
- Participates in Task Force related activities based on department/hotel demands
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times and communicate well with guests. Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to transport cases of received goods to the work stations, and pots and pans of food from storage/prep areas to the serving line. Ability to work with all products and food ingredients necessary. Ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions.
Our customers/vendors are our priority. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with staff and patrons. It is essential to remain professional at all times, and to treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day. The position is a key ambassador and representative of PM Hotel Group’s Support Center.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something. During major service hours it is expected to have the position expedite in front of the line and be visible to the guests in the dining room.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in talent acquisition within hospitality industry preferred
Strong Computer skills (Office)
Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources (or equivalent)
Experience working with an applicant tracking system, Ultimate Software experience a plus
Strong verbal, written and listening skills
Experience working with social media platforms in a talent acquisition capacity
Must have a professional image and personality exuding confidence and leadership skills
Be an ambassador of PM Hotel Group at all times, in and outside of one’s workplace
Ability to focus attention on detail and be able to organize, prioritize, and follow-up
Must be able to take initiative and work productively within given period of time
Must work well under pressure
Must be a team player, working well with other departments and co-workers
Must be creative, innovative and strive for continuous improvement