A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
About our Company:
Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG) has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success. PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts primarily located in California.
Creates environment and culture of leaders with dynamic selling skills and a sense of
customer urgency that meets the financial needs of the organization and surpasses the
customer expectations. Directs the day-to-day Sales Department to achieve the
property mission and goals. Actively defines, refines, and continuously improves
processes, systems, and performances to foster an environment of leadership,
innovation, education, and growth of each individual team member.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and direction to ensure overall departmental success.
Manages subordinate sales staff. Responsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of Sales Department. Carries out supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable
laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members;
planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and
disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Responsible for planning department goals and directing team members to
- Actively solicits new business opportunities through prospecting new customers
and using network channels to open doors to new customers. Seeks methods to
penetrate key business activities within the marketplace and finds profitable ways
to bring this business to the hotel. Researches information on market and trends
and the clients supporting those markets locally. Develops and implements
individual and department sales plan to successfully identify and close
new/additional business. Participates in community and industry events to
market the property.
- Develops strategies for forecasting and analyzing sales needs and developing
effective product responses, delivery systems and methods for measuring and
evaluating results. Develops, implements and evaluates short and long-term
tactics and programs focused on customer and market needs/conditions to
ensure the achievement of revenue goals. Ensures accurate and current related
sales/marketing data is readily available to support and document decisionmaking
- Plans, manages and evaluates all financial aspects of the sales efforts
throughout the property to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal utilization of resources. Supports all staff's direct sales efforts including sales trips, offproperty
functions and customer entertainment.
- Participates in the hiring process by interviewing potential team members and
selecting those that best meet staffing needs. Participates in management
training. Follows all Human Resources policies. Ensures staff receives any
required training or attends mandatory meetings.
- Prepares annual budget. Achieves budgeted revenues, controls expenses and
maximizes profitability within assigned areas. Utilizes corporate approved
computer programs to analyze forecasts, cost and revenue reports. Makes
decisions and takes action based on that information to maximize profitability.
- Ensures guests receive outstanding, consistent, exceptional service by working
with other departments to communicate guest expectations and ensure
expectations are met or exceeded. Seeks opportunities to improve satisfaction
and immediately handles any guest concerns or complaints.
- Reporting to work as scheduled (on time and on regular basis) is an essential
function of the job
Other Responsibilities/Supportive Functions:
- Makes merit decisions within budget or established guidelines. Determines
promotions or reclassifications within company policy.
- Approves leave and time away from work within company policy.
- Responds to guest inquiries and coordinates special arrangements and requests.
- Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority, otherwise refers the matter
to upper management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or equivalent
combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree in Hospitality
- Five or more years of related and progressive sales experience in similar
organization. Two years as a supervisor/manager in similar setting desired.
- Possess solid knowledge of hotel service standards, guest relations and
etiquette. Ability and experience in successfully leading and coordinating staff in
a high volume, time sensitive environment. Requires ability to lead others in the
department by mentoring and providing training that results in staff that
meets/exceeds guest expectations and provides a high level of guest
- Ability to develop and maintain effective sale processes designed to attain
maximum revenue while ensuring adherence to established operating criteria.
- Strong knowledge of sales techniques with strong skills and ability to negotiate
and close sales.
- Requires ability to determine needs of customers and persuasively present sales
options through verbal face-to-face and telephone interactions. Must be able to
create and effectively provide sales presentations and materials to potential
customers. Contacts sometimes contain confidential/sensitive information so
requires ability to use discretion. Must demonstrate positive attitude and
professional demeanor. Requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
and commitment to a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Must be able to solve
problems and remain calm and alert if dealing with difficult guest, during busy
activity periods or in an emergency situation.
- Requires working knowledge of MS Office applications and ability to learn and
use telephone and computer systems used at the hotel.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Ability to solve
practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of
instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write
reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively
present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, team
members, guests and the general public. Must be able to speak, read, write and
understand English to communicate with management, team members and
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be
required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Work schedules will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
Position requires working from property location.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.