A Premier Hotel Management & Investment Company with Strategic Vision and Strong Core Values
Since 1987, Pacific Hospitality Group has maintained a strategic vision and strong core values as guiding principles for business success. With luxury hotel properties from Napa Valley to Southern California, PHG's growing portfolio of hotel and resort investments reinforces the company's cohesive vision and ensuing success.
PHG manages, develops, finances, and owns hotels and resorts located in California, Hawaii, Arizona and Louisiana. We currently own and manage 11 hotels and resorts, representing over 2,676 rooms and 203,650 square feet of premier indoor meeting and event space.
Reg. Full Time Position
Balboa Bay Resort is seeking a highly motivated, self-determined, dynamic individual with a strong commitment to outstanding service to join our team as Director of Sales.
Are you a fast thinking individual that meets challenges with enthusiasm and urgency in a fast paced luxury hospitality environment? Do you take pride in your ability to motivate and lead a team to provide outstanding guest satisfaction and quality service? Are you pro-active and results oriented and enjoy an environment that cultivates providing consistent exceptional service and attending to every detail each and every time?
If the answer is YES, Balboa Bay Resort, one of Pacific Hospitality Group's premier resorts, is looking for you!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Sales is responsible for the development, implementation and achievement of key strategies that optimize business opportunities for the hotel. Duties include successfully leading the hotel's sales efforts, e.g. actively making outside sales calls, securing new business travel and group accounts, maintaining existing accounts, participating in community networking groups to enhance hotel awareness, executing sales strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction. Provide leadership, guidance and assistance relating to the execution of sales functions, policies and standards.
- Implementing effective sales strategies to maximize revenue generation
- Creating and managing Annual Marketing and Strategic Plan
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts and major prospects
- Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
- Partnering with home office leadership to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
- Analyze and estimate total value of each piece of business and negotiate best situation for achieving optimum revenue for the hotel while ensuring excellent customer service.
- Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
- Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
- Utilize the marketing plan in order to uncover new and potential business.
- Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local CVB programs
- Adjusting strategy based on competitive market and market segment knowledge
- Achieving or exceeding individual AND team sales goals and hotel budgets
- Providing support and coaching for sales team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions
- Ensuring that the hotel sales team is effectively using the sales tools that are available
- Strong knowledge of the Business Transient market
- Strong knowledge of Group Sales market
- Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and interpreting/analyzing results to plan and conducting budgetary analysis
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training and motivating managers
The ideal candidate will have:
- DELPHI proficiency
- Previous luxury hotel experience
- Knowledge of local market
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
- Track record of leading and inspiring individuals/teams to meet or exceed sales goals
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
For more information about this hotel and Pacific Hospitality Group (PHG), click on Hotel Portfolio tab and About PHG.
Balboa Bay Resort is an equal opportunity and E-Verify employer M/F/V/D
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.