For us, hotels aren't simply places to sleep, they're places where dreams are born.
We encourage our employees to make their mark while giving back to their communities and saving the environment.
- Strategic Planning
- Market Analysis and Business Development
- Growth of Property Sales
- Marketing and positioning
- Financial acumen & accurate reporting
Essential FunctionsMaintain consistent knowledge of property features/ services and hours of operation and anticipated levels of business.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all property policies and procedures.
- Ensure all corporate deadlines are satisfied relating to monthly, quarterly and annual reporting needs.
- Attend meetings as deemed necessary by the Managing Director and Corporate office.
- Participate in property-wide leadership and culture development programs.
- Report to and interact with Managing Director and Corporate staff promoting proper relations between all parties.
- Act in a consultative capacity to the General Manager and other members of the Executive Committee on sales/marketing issues, provide advice and guidance to ensure optimal marketing effectiveness, confer with department managers to continually develop product offerings, marketing needs, methodologies and resources, to promote new/improved products and to solicit feedback of overall sales/marketing efforts.
- Foster relationships and provide strategic direction to key third party vendors such as Public Relations and Advertising agencies.
- Foster relationships with key political community figures and organizations.
- Organize and direct all sales and marketing efforts towards attainment of property and company objectives and operational goals.
- Develop strategies for forecasting and analyzing sales/marketing needs and developing effective product responses, delivery systems and methods for measuring and evaluating results.
- Prepare, develop and execute all marketing plans to provide direction and specific plans of action.
- Plan, manage and evaluate all financial aspects of the sales/marketing efforts throughout the property to ensure cost effectiveness and optimal utilization of resources.
- Ensure that accurate and current marketing and sales related data is readily available to support and document decision-making processes.
- Support, as necessary, all direct sales efforts of the sales and marketing team to include sales trips, off-property functions and customer entertainment.
- Maintain current job descriptions for all department positions.
- Ensure the integrity of the property’s mission statement, guiding principles and culture through consistent involvement with all aspects of the property.
- Complete and maintain accurate, objective and timely performance reviews for all associates in the department.
- Provide regular, objective and detailed feedback to each executive committee member in order to maintain an environment of continuous improvement.
- Coach and counsel associates, supervisors, managers and executive committee members regarding consistent application of sales, customer service and culture implementation.
- Develop, plan and implement departmental orientation programs for all new associates.
- Monitor and ensure that departmental areas are kept clean and organized at all times.
- Develop and implement annual goals, objectives and budgets for the Sales & Marketing department.
- Monitor all security and life safety policies and procedures making recommendations for changes according to law or improved application.
- Serve as a member of the property executive committee.
Minimum of two years of college level courses with an emphasis on business or communications required.
Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Business Administration, Marketing or Communications preferred.
Prior hotel sales and marketing experience at an independent property.
Five years experience as a manager within the Sales & Marketing department.