At BENCHMARK, a global hospitality company the definition of success is as individual as each of the over 10,000 employees worldwide who compose our award-winning teams. Each person brings unique skills, talents, experience, history, and culture to our company. Together, they form an extraordinary mosaic that supports BENCHMARK's very entrepreneurial culture. Each team member's desire for accomplishment is supported by our determination and passion to build successful and rewarding futures.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE: The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Minimum of 5 years of DOSM/DOS experience.
- Must have hotel sales experience.
- College preferred, min. high school diploma.
- Must have excellent supervisory skills and have managed a sales team.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors.
- Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
- Administer the staffing, training and performance reviews for the Sales Department.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and Hotel Contessa standards of performance are met.
- Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compiles and/or directs the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the Sales Department to include, but not limited to the annual and monthly Forecast, Marketing Budget, Lead Management System, Booking Report, Answer Net reports and Sales Meeting minutes.Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies.
- Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote Hotel Contessa programs.
- Meet with and entertain clients some of which will require travel.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual Market Plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled Sales Department and related meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
SUPPORTIVE FUNCTIONS: In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
- Conduct an average of one to two property site inspections per day with potential customers. This entails walking approximately one-half mile for each property tour over various surfaces and an oral presentation.
- Travel to industry-related tradeshows in various destinations around the world. Reach up to approximately eight feet in order to setup and dismantling of booth displays and carrying a minimum of 25 pounds for transporting of collateral material is required.
- Participate in key organizations as recommended by management and Regional Director of Marketing.
- Inputting and retrieving information from computer system for file maintenance, correspondence and preparation of forecasts and marketing budget.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English language. Operate a facsimile machine and photo copier as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager and/or VP of Sales & Marketing.