Director of Sales and Marketing
Location: US - NY - New York
New York, NY, US 10018
Develop and solicit business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
• Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
• Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department to include, but not limited, to the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report, star reports and sales meeting minutes
• Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote programs.
• Meet with and entertain clients, some of which will require travel.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Initiate preparation of computerized annual sales & marketing plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
• Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department and related meetings.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Motivate and energize the staff to make proactive decisions in all their communications with clients
- Create and advertise weekly, monthly and quarterly sales goals and keep executives apprised of the progress
- Prepare sales reports and sign off on their accuracy before submitting them
- Establish a referral network with local businesses and find ways to maximize value from those connections
- Implement a sales training and orientation program to educate new hires as our company grows