Director of Sales and Marketing
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix
Location: US - AZ - Phoenix
Phoenix, AZ, US 85088
The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix is looking for an energetic, detail oriented individual to take on the role of Director of Sales and Marketing.
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
The DoubleTree Suites by Hilton is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing to join our family! Be a part of our team at one of the busiest airport properties in the Phoenix Area. Located 1 mile north from Sky Harbor Airport, just minutes from the heart of Downtown Phoenix, Scottsdale and Tempe. With 242 all suite-guestrooms and 10,000, Brix Kitchen and Cocktails Restaurant which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner. The DOSM is responsible for the overall operation of the hotel’s sales and marketing activities. Emphasis is on attaining the hotel goals of maximum revenue and profit while providing the guest with the highest level of quality service. Develops marketing plans, sales goals and forecasts. Also responsible for soliciting and servicing business in the hotel in accordance with the marketing plan and assigned market segments. Generates a high profile and quality perception in the marketplace. Supervises, develops, and motivates the sales and catering team. Is a member of the Executive Committee.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: Sales and Marketing
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Revenue Manager, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average with the liberty to negotiate as needed on individual functions within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals
- Responsible for prompt handling (within the business day) of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client
- Compile lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads from various sources
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business
- Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions
- Determine the guests needs, space availability, and meeting details
- Make outside sales calls and telemarket to obtain business; utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services
- Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff
- Follow up on the progress of groups booked
- Generate thank you notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed
- Hold a daily pre-shift meeting with staff in order to be prepared for each daily activity and review any variations with management and staff
- Communicate daily with department managers and MOD to assure consistency and pass on pertinent information
- Consistently monitor the performance of associates on an on-going basis and provide feedback/counseling as needed
- Maintain efficiency in the operation of the staff in a high standard of quality of service and courtesy, bringing total satisfaction to our guests and the hotel
- Conduct frequent hospitality audits to ensure the staff are conducting themselves in the manner appropriate for the department
- Promote open channels of communication between all hotel departments
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices
- Facilitate departmental training modules; continually monitor, evaluate, and revise training content to reflect changes in the process; address the needs identified by associates
- Accountable for the financial performance of the department with emphasis on achieving or exceeding of predetermined booking goals
- Prepare 30-60-90 Day Revenue Forecast on a monthly basis for presentation
- Holds department meetings and attends inter-departmental meetings
- Determine the requirements for and the follow up on special groups, VIPs, etc
- As needed, check banquet functions prior to guest arrival and make personal contact with client at the time of function with proper introduction of service staff who will handle the event
- Maintain active liaison with competitors regionally through personal contacts, professional and industry associations
- Be an active member of the executive committee and participate in events for team members
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Senior Sales Manager or 3 years experience as a Director of Sales
- High school graduate
- Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have at least 2 years computer experience in Microsoft Word and Excel in Windows
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm
- Prior experience with Delphi software preferred
- Must possess a valid Driver's License and a clean driving record
- Will be required to work mostly day shifts Monday-Friday with some nights and weekends depending on local and hotel functions
- Will be required to travel to trade show and functions representing the hotel
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Understand the mission, vision, values, and game plan of the hotel and enforcement of them
- Strong leadership skills and has the ability to apply them.
- Establish goals and objectives to improve the department.
- Ability to understand Guests’ service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and complete all work assigned.
- Ability to focus attention to performance of tasks despite frequent, stressful or unusual interruptions.
- Ability to converse calmly with irate Guests’, co-workers or supervisors in sometimes tense situations.
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and other departments as part of a team. Ability to build morale and spirit.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule and arrive on time in a neat and alert condition and adhere to company dress standards.
- Ability to follow all appropriate policies and procedures while constantly striving to improve all standards of operation.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and performance standards and complete tasks as assigned by supervisor or manager.
- Ability to take and give direction.
- Ability to interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly in resolving complaints and problems.
Apply directly at: www.doubletreephoenix.com/apply