Desired Skills & Experience Ideal candidate will have at least 5 years previous hotel sales management experience. Prior experience as Director of Sales/Sales Manager in IHG brand hotels preferred.
Job Responsibilities Key responsibilities of a Director of Sales include:
· Achieving or exceeding sales goals and hotel budgets.
· Implementing effective sales strategies to maximize revenue generation.
· Meet with General Manager to review daily action plan and recap end of day.
· Develop both Annual and Quarterly Strategic Sales & Marketing Plan.
· Seeking new customers through strategic outbound sales efforts for group and transient room revenue.
· Relationship building with key local business associations.
· Establishing key IHG National Sales contacts.
· Using corporate Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue.
· Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners.
· In constant touch with the market in order to hunt potential new business through regular interaction with key local business associations.
· Ensuring that the property is maximizing the use of all company, brand and local Tourism programs.
· Participate in M.O.D coverage as required.
· Maintain accurate and legible records and files.
· Take property round at least twice a week.
· Knowledge of sales skills and revenue management.
· Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions.
· Ability to assess customer needs, understand market dynamics and prepare presentations/proposals tailored for individual customers.
· Ability to meet/exceed expectations for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and closes. Ability to achieve customer satisfaction.
· Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive.
· Proven track record of both prospecting and closing business.
· Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts.
· Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
· Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Opera and Hotel Sales Pro
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Baltimore West - Catonsville
Position Available: Immediately
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: Paid vacations
Management Position: Yes
Contact Title: General Manager
Address: 5701 Baltimore National Pike , Catonsville, MD, 21228, US