Director of Sales and Marketing
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North
Location: US - VA - Ashburn
JOB OVERVIEW: Develop and solicit business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PMHS efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
- Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and PMHS standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department to include, but not limited, to the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report, star reports and sales meeting minutes
- Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
- Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote PMHS programs.
- Meet with and entertain clients, some of which will require travel.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Initiate preparation of computerized annual sales & marketing plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
- Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department and related meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to communicate in English.
- Hilton experience a PLUS
- Previous experience as a DOS in the hotel industry preferred
- Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player.
- Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations.
- Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
NOTE: This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate's supervisor. Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an "at will" associate.