Hilton Cincinnati Airport is seeking a Director of Sales and Marketing.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package.
Come join a dynamic team of success minded professionals committed to making the Hilton Cincinnati Airport every guests first choice!
Lead the strategic planning and execution of the Sales Department’s goals and objectives. Utilize prospecting skills and strong business sense to consistently exceed room night and revenue goals. Recruit, deploy, motivate, support and grow a team of Sales Managers to do the same. Develop and work within the stated budgets. Report and critique all Group Sales activities to the General Manager. Enliven the Westmont Standards within the Department and the hotel. Support all Corporate and hotel initiatives as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
This description is a summary of primary responsibilities and qualifications. The job description is not intended to include all duties or qualifications that may be required now or in the future. The Hotel operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting times, and hours worked in a week.
- Completes Group Sales components of Marketing Plans (updated quarterly) including strategic action plans for all relevant market segments, booking channels and revenue streams.
- Sets Group Sales & Marketing goals and objectives, utilizing goal setting models and market knowledge to ensure the Sales Managers are effectively deployed to maximize productivity and revenue opportunities for the hotels.
- Establishes group booking guidelines based on historical data and forecasts to maximize revenue per group room night.
- Prepares and presents Group information for property reviews with owner representatives and corporate executives.
- Reviews production and pace reports and reforecasts 30/60/90-Day Budget with Director of Revenue Management.
- Administers Group Sales Department expenses.
- Leads Tentative Meetings and develops action plans to improve booking pace and productivity.
- Evaluates new and incremental business opportunities/promotions to maximize revenue for the hotels.
- Completes Group Sales Activity Critiques (weekly/monthly/quarterly) with information that explains the Group Sales productivity, provides insights into opportunities and threats, and updates the stakeholders with market news.
- Conducts disciplinary action as required.
- Completes Catering Sales Activity Critiques (weekly/monthly/quarterly) with information that explains the productivity, provides insights into opportunities and threats, and updates the stakeholders with market news.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction and builds long terms mutually beneficial customer relationships to support future revenue growth.
- Coordinates and communicates verbally and in writing with customer (internal and external) regarding event details. Follows up with customer post-event.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process, regardless of which hotel they sit at. Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Convention Services department for the execution of details. Is available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality and ensures consistent, high level service throughout all phases of hotel events. Ensures products and services sold to the Event Planners meet or exceed their expectations, create loyalty and leads to increased market share.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels. Effectively responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Reviews Guest Service Results with leaders. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Utilizes Delphi or other hotel system to capture and manage customer information on a daily basis.
…applies broad business knowledge and balances both a short- and long-term perspective to generate strategies while leading the organization to achieve them.
- Demonstrates commitment to Westmont Hospitality operating principles and philosophies.
- Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Addresses conflict in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team results.
- Deals with change effectively.
- Makes decisions, including employees/team and commits to a course of action with available information.
…eliminates insular thinking by fostering a positive climate for work relationships and teams committed to achieving organizational goals and initiatives.
- Conducts one on one meeting with Group Sales Managers to ensure their ongoing development.
- Manages relationships and lead processes for the NSOs, and CVB; communicates hotels information, staffing changes, and ensure prompt and thorough response to inquiries.
- Promotes and tracks lead referrals from NSOs, and Scout leads.
- Administers Group Sales incentive programs and sales contests.
- Administers Group Sales Smart Goals.
- Uses opportunities to promote individual and team successes.
- Always applies the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment.
- Conducts morning stand up meeting.
- Ensures weekly Group Sales meetings occur.
Managing Work Execution
…proactively ensures that others have the accountability, authority and resources necessary to both manage work execution and drive for results.
- Consistently meets/exceeds personal room night and revenue production goals.
- Approves Group bookings to ensure Sales Managers are maximizing revenue opportunities without displacing transient business.
- Administers Delphi Rate guidelines and “Need Dates”.
- Approves Catering space releases in accordance with the stated policies.
- Administers Lost Business Reports and Reader board Surveys.
- Develops strategic action plans and establishes “Measuring Sticks” with each Group Sales Managers.
- Reviews Group Sales attrition, cancellation charges, and adjustments.
- Submits Group Sales incentive program results.
- Completes ROIs on new projects/ expenditures not forecasted.
- Manages completion of new projects as they arise.
- Audits Delphi and creates follow-up action plans as needed.
….Proactively identifies and develops talent within the organization
- Hires the best people available from inside and outside Hilton Hotels. Hires for talent, diversity and balance of skills. Supports interviewing tools to ensure hiring decisions are based on the candidate’s job-related talent, skills and competencies. Maintains succession planning.
- Develops, implements and maintains departmental orientation and training certification programs for employees to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
- Uses all available on the job training tools for employees; implements and manages training initiatives and conducts training when appropriate; ensures self and direct reports have completed appropriate training classes.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility. Ensures each hotel’s policies are administered fairly and consistently. Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures.
- Ensures regular on-going communication is happening in all areas of responsibility to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired business results. Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Actively solicits feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems and concerns. Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably. Constantly strives to improve employee retention. Brings issues to the attention of General Manager and Human Resources as necessary.
- Celebrates successes and publicly recognizes the contributions of team members; ensures recognition is taking place across areas of responsibility. Maintains an on-going employee recognition program.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.