Leads and directs the development and execution of strategic sales and marketing plans and initiatives to maximize hotel service and profitability. Interacts with clients, directs solicitation efforts, secures business, prepares and presents statistical and performance reports and manages all financial aspects of the operation. Partners with the revenue management team to determine sales and pricing strategies adjust and manage rates and manage room inventory. Interviews, trains, supervises, counsels, schedules and evaluates staff.
- Manages the sales department to ensure activity and booking goals are met or exceeded. Develops action plans to ensure the success.
- Understands the dynamics of the local market and demand generators and presents appropriate actions to the General Manager. Implement annual marketing plan and budget.
- Keep abreast and report on market trends, competitor's activities and client feedback in sales meetings and monthly reports.
- Complete all correspondence to clients and internal reports in a timely fashion.
- Working partnerships with the revenue management and reservation department.
- Responsible for client satisfaction by ensuring overall quality of group, transient and catering sales efforts in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ensures account productivity by maintaining client satisfaction and continuous rapport building through regular sales calls and proper file maintenance.
- Develops and implements special promotions to increase business from specific market segments.
- Previous hotel Director of Sales and Marketing experience required. A minimum of 10 years of hotel sales management experience in all market segments.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated history of success results driven, energetic, and focused Service oriented style with professional presentations skills.
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset.
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Must be able to motivate employee and have excellent communications, organization and high level guest relation skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel