Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
The Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.Job Description
A truly outstanding opportunity at the 4-diamond InterContinental Hotel in the Plaza for a enthusiastic, energy-filled leader who is passionate about food, beverage and working for the best hotel in Kansas City!The Director of Sales & Marketing directs all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential. directs staff, sales accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.Our philosophy is simple: Take extra special care of our clients, develop the best possible relationships with our community and lead the hotel's revenue stream with creativity and design-not to mention having a blast doing it!Scope of this Position
- Position is responsible for long- and short-term forecasting and the day-to-day sales operations of the Sales & Marketing department. Targets areas to increase revenue and ensures sales quotas are met. Works with other members of management to ensure quality, cost satisfaction and profitability.
Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste. Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer.
Sales/Profitability - Understand booking patterns, trends, high demand times, and events in the market. Reach and understand demand generators, new business sources, the internet as a prospecting tool, community involvement and networking. Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Sales annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations. Market the hotel and services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives.
Leadership - Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality. Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in position the hotel as a market leaders.
- Develop and implement special packages and create new menus within corporate guidelines while keeping abreast of the competition's products, strengths and weaknesses to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Manage the day-to-day sales activities in the department in order to attract, retain and motivate sales and catering managers and associates; train, develop, empower, coach, counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, and discipline as appropriate.
- Lead, supervise and develop staff of up to 14 managers.
- Requires a minimum of 3-5 year(s) of experience.
- This position reports to:General Manager.
- Must have experience at properties of similar size and quality.Job Requirements
This position requires a substantial and successful track record in profitable sales management while maintain integrity and professional bearing. Possess knowledge of accounting and budgeting along with the ability to compile facts/figures and analyze information that involves data manipulation of interpretation to arrive at logical conclusions. Ability to anticipate and identify issues and exercise initiative to investigate, interpret and weigh alternatives to reach logical conclusions and make sound business decisions.
Display consistent professional leadership while simultaneously handling competing and changing priorities and projects. Remain positive, resourceful and possess the ability to improvise while working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure.
The ability to effectively and efficiently schedule, manage and delegate work. Appropriately and effectively interview, hire, motivate, develop, monitor and address staff performance matters. Possess professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees.
- Experience making presentations in front of groups.
- Demonstrate ability to lead by example.
- Use a "hands-on" approach to management.
- Experience communicating, training, and managing multi-lingual staffs.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all employees.
- Forecasting skills, solid skills selling and negotiating programs/projects.
- Consistently call on new customers and develop new business.
At least 5 years of experience as Director ofSales.
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
Please email your resume to: Lwise@kansascityic.com and Rcameron@tpgcompanies.com