Sunriver Resort, Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon. Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers.
Job OverviewThe Director of Sales & Conventions will be the Functional Lead for the property, reporting directly to the Managing Director. must take the lead role in driving budget-level revenues -- property –wide and in all revenue centers. He or she must manage and participate in the direct sales effort in the group, catering, corporate transient, and leisure markets. Essential FunctionsAn effective leader that:
- Creates a clearly articulated vision for the Sales, Catering and Convention teams.
- Drives the creation and completion of shared goals and objectives.
- Delivers direct and actionable feedback in a timely manner.
- Holds team members accountable for their performance.
- Collaborates with the Marketing team and other leaders through open and honest communication.
- Participates as a strong leader in the local community and business community at large.
- Supports and embraces a culture based on trust, integrity and open and honest communication.
- Provides strong leadership through the development and support of all team members.
- Supports the overall business objectives of the organization.