Stanford's Corporate Culture
Stanford Hotels Corporation is a mid-size, owner-operated company that specializes in the development and management of high quality, full service hotels using a variety of franchise brands. The corporate office is located in San Francisco; however, Stanford Hotels has 13 properties throughout the U.S. comprising three top global brands including Marriott, Starwood and Hilton.
Our goal is to be the "Best of the Brand." Since 1985, Stanford Hotels Corporation believes that high-quality properties, exceptional customer satisfaction, and engaged employees set Stanford Hotels apart from the rest.
- Develop pricing and market strategies with the General Manager and Corporate VP of Sales, constant monitoring of competition and marketplace in general; must be prepared and able to react under fluctuating market conditions.
- Prepare and execute annual marketing plan, promotion and advertising plans covering sales, food and beverage events, hotel promotions, media relations as well as participating in multiple property campaigns.
- Design plans and materials for promotions and public relations.
- Meet or exceed pre-determined booking goals for guest room revenue; meet or exceed budgeted costs and revenue on a monthly average within established guidelines yet maintaining the overall revenue goals.
- Responsible for prompt handling of inquiry calls and monitoring the efficient flow of paperwork relative to confirming function details to the client.
- Compiles lists of prospective clients for use as sales leads based on information from newspapers, business directories and other sources.
- Solicit new and repeat guest room and meeting business. Maintain client base of key accounts and conventions. Determine the guest’s needs, space availability, and meeting details.
- Make outside sales calls to obtain business. Also utilize site inspections and on-site luncheons to book business.
- Monitor pricing, service levels, facilities and function activities at competitive facilities to ensure the Hotel remains in a competitive position.
- Evaluate a potential piece of business for profitability and overall benefit to the Hotel.
- Have acquired knowledge with the ability to upsell clients, while promoting a level of service parallel to the luxury stature of the facility.
- Complete coordination of the Sales group functions; accurate and timely preparation of detailed Sales Contracts and Group Resumes as necessary to ensure a common quality understanding of what the client is to receive in terms of products and services. Review function contracts prior to distribution to client and hotel staff.
- Follows up on the progress of groups booked, such as room night pick up, rooming lists, cut off dates, etc. to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Generate “thank you” notes to clients after functions with prompt follow up of negative client feedback as necessary.
- Follow up on bookings and solicit repeat business.
- Represent hotel in community affairs and industry related events.
- Prepare periodic sales reports.
- Prepare weekly activity report to include all financial booking performance and personal call reports for active solicitation performed.
Leader: Inspires teammates to follow them
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Bachelors or better.
3 years: Director of Sales
Licenses & Certifications