Director of Sales and Catering
Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound
Location: US - WA - Centralia
May 25, 2018
Great Wolf Lodge Grand Mound
- Willingness to accept the most effective role.
- Responsible for the promotion of a safe and professional workplace through adhering to policies and procedures as outlined in the Great Wolf Resorts handbook.
- Accomplishes sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Team members may include Catering Manager and Group Sales Manager.
- Overall responsibility for total Group revenue strategies, implementation and results; including group rooms, group food and beverage, meeting room rental, and other group revenues.
- Meets financial objectives maximizing profitability for the Resort by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual performance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for various market segments; projecting expected sales volume and revenue; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommends rate strategies; monitoring costs, competition, and product demand.
- Accomplishes sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating field sales action plans.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Participates fully in Project Green Wolf, our company-wide environmental sustainability initiative, which includes, but is not limited to, recycling, waste reduction, and energy and water conservation.
BA/BS in Sales Communications, Marketing, or Hotel Management.
Experience in the entertainment, hotel and service industries a plus.
Proficient at predicting and assessing financial decision alternatives and recommending actions.
Strong administrative skills including a command of all MS Office products.
Possesses knowledge of sales concepts and the mechanics of the sales process.
Understands the interplay of cultural, socio-economic, personal, or psychological factors that influence group behavior.
Accurately identifies competitors, develops detailed competitive information sources.
Experience managing accounts and targeting prospects.
Ability to develop rapport with client management and maintain strong working relationships.
Successful completion of criminal background check and drug screen.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veterans' status.
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.