Temecula Embassy Suites
If you have true entrepreneurial spirit, and have the attitude suited for the Hotel-Hospitality business, Windsor Capital Group can offer you exciting opportunities for your career into the future. WCG, is a dynamic and disciplined hotel company with a passion for excellence. We offer personal development programs for training and opportunities to grow and succeed.
Windsor Capital Group, Inc., is a privately held ownership and management company with a current portfolio of 10 hotels in 4 states across the United States including superior hotel brands such as:
WCG is comprised of industry hospitality leaders who are committed to excellence, lead by example, and aspire to inspire others who want to succeed and grow in this exciting business. If you are someone who wants an exciting career, and can learn, teach and grow in the hospitality industry, we want you to be a part of our dynamic team!
Purpose for the Position:
To supervise the total sales effort of the hotel, including developing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervision of sales related personnel, implementation of sales and marketing strategies as to maximize profits of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
1. Meets with and maintains rapport with individuals and contacts in order to produce groups and/or convention business, to include Room Sales, F & B Sales and Catering/Banquet.
2. Schedules conventions and business group activities at the hotel.
3. Maintains liaison with other hotel – level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
4. Assist the General Manager in the creation and update of the hotel – level Business Plan.
5. Develops and maintains departmental budgets.
6. Maintains good rapport with area Chamber of Commerce, and other local civic groups and companies.
7. Enforces sales related policies and procedures.
8. Ensures sales activities meet or surpass profit plan.
9. Develops and maintains client files.
10. Develops and implements sales and marketing strategies.
11. All other duties as assigned by a manager or supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
* Originate and carry out sales campaigns.
* Create new ways of presenting information that will attract peoples’ attention.
* Speak and write clearly and convincingly.
* Frequently change from one activity to another, for example, writing a speech, giving a speech, and writing a report of campaign progress.
* Understand how different kinds of people react to words, pictures and color.
* Work with all kinds of people
* Plan and organize the work of others.
Physical Demands: Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally (occasionally: activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds force frequently(Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time), and/or a negligible amount of force constantly (Constantly: activity of condition exist 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but enables pushing and/or pulling of arm and leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials through the weight of those materials is negligible.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. A job is considered “inside” if the worker spends approximately 75 percent or more of the time inside.
Reasoning, Mathematical and Language Development are indicative of the general level of development required to do this job. Some, but not necessarily all, areas mentioned in this section will be included in this job.
Reasoning Development: Apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form. Deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Mathematical Development: Compute discount, interest, profit and loss; commission, markups and selling price; ratio and proportion, and percentages. Calculate surface, volumes, weights and measures.
Algebra: Calculate variables and formulas; monomials and polynomials; ratio and proportion variables; and square roots and radicals.
Geometry: Calculate plane and solid figures; circumference, area, and volume. Understand kinds of angles, and properties of pairs of angles.
Language Development: Reading: Read newspapers, periodicals, journals, and manuals.
Writing: Write business letters, summaries, and reports, using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Speaking: Speak extemporaneously on a variety of subjects.
Relationships to Data, People and Things:
Data: Coordinating: Determining time, place, and sequence of operations or action to be taken on the basis of analysis of data; executing determination of and/or reporting on events.
People: Negotiating: Exchanging ideas, information, and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions, or solutions.
Things: Handling: Using body members, hand tools, and/or special devices to work, move, or carry objects or materials. Involves little or no latitude for judgment with regard to attainment of standards or in selecting appropriate tool, objector material.
Specific Vocational Preparation:
Specific Vocational Preparation includes an occupationally significant combination of: vocational education, apprentice training, in-plant training, on-the-job training, or essential experience in less responsible jobs, which lead to the higher job, or serving in other jobs.
Over 4 years up to and including 10 years.
To do this job, you must have the following amount of total education and/or experience: (If hiring someone into this position, this would be the minimum amount of experience and education that would be required in order for the incumbent to have a reasonable expectation for success.)
B.A. or equivalent degree and hotel experience preferred, or an equivalent level of education and experience.