Corporate OverviewThe Procaccianti Group (TPG) currently owns and/or operates 64 hotels in 24 states and employs approximately 8,000+ people from coast to coast with 120 professionals based at the corporate headquarters in Rhode Island.
TPG is seeking energetic, service-oriented individuals to participate in the strong growth that we are experiencing. With 50 years of real estate and hospitality management, our available positions are as diverse as our business ventures. TPG offers a wide variety of managerial and entry level positions with a competitive/attractive salary, 401k & benefits.
TPG Hotels and Resorts seeks dynamic hospitality professional as Director of Sales of the Hilton New York Grand Central Hotel.
- The Director of Sales directs all aspects of sales including analyzing and achieving strategic objectives and business growth potential. Direct staff, sales, accounting/budgeting, asset protection, inventory control and human resources.
- The Director of Sales directs all operations in alignment with the direction of the General Manager, Company, brand standards, and local, state and national regulations.
- Responsible for quality service, meeting/exceeding financial goals, short and long term planning and day-to-day operations.
- Recommends the Sales budget, marketing/business plans, capital expenditures and manages within approved plans and objectives.
- This position directly manages assigned staff and indirectly manages all subordinates. Articulates Company goals to the staff.
- Demonstrates commitment to these goals through work ethic, integrity and respect for the Company and associates.
- Unites associates in a common commitment to achieve and exceed these goals. Works closely with management throughout the hotel and the Company.
- Impresses customers and guests with quality and timely service in a pleasant and friendly manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Customer and Guest Satisfaction –
- As the representative of the Company and hotel, professionally approach and communicate with current and prospective customers. Convey a strong belief in the hotel and confidently discuss hotel features, services and advantages.
- Exercise creativity, discretion and independent judgment in determining how to assemble an event to suit each customer's taste.
- Conduct site visits and prepare original, creative proposals tailored to address the needs of and to impress the customer.
- Develop solutions to any cost concerns and resolve any challenges or problems.
- Direct and ensure Sales standards and procedures are followed. Direct the Sales staff schedules to ensure adequate coverage while managing the department budget.
- Ensure timely response to customer and guest needs.
- Resolve customer and guest complaints as appropriate to maintain customer and guest satisfaction.
- Regularly review service scores to identify areas needing improvement and implement appropriate changes.
- Ensure the Sales staff regularly adheres to all guest service basics such as uniforms, name tags and proper greeting.
- Be knowledgeable on hotel facilities, services and the city to assist customers and guests as appropriate.
- Influence and convince customers to select the hotel for their hospitality needs.
- Negotiate terms and reconcile differences.
- Develop contingency plans and act promptly and effectively when closing problems arise.
- Develop valuable business relationships that result in additional sales and new customers to capture a larger share of the local market.
- Aggressively pursue all appropriate opportunities for customer solicitation and relationship building.
- Aggressively engage in creative networking, uncovering and cold calling prospective clients to generate activity for future business.
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the Sales annual budget, business/marketing plan, and objectives to meet/exceed expectations.
- Market the hotel and services to meet/exceed sales and financial objectives. Ensure sales costs are within budgeted guidelines.
- Review vendors and products to ensure procurement of top quality products at minimum prices. If necessary, develop action steps to correct any expense problems.
- Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
· Asset Management -
- Walk the operations daily to identify issues and to speak with and listen to associates.
- Ensure associates are properly trained in sales techniques and procedures.
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and maintained for the protection of the hotel’s financial assets against loss or misappropriation.
- Ensure preventative maintenance programs are in place to protect assets and maintenance related problems are reported to Engineering through proper channels.
- Inspect and evaluate the condition of the Sales area and equipment.
- Submit recommendations for changes and improvements to the General Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Corporate Office to ensure Company assets are accurately tracked.
- Ensure associates are properly trained in the use and maintenance of Company assets.
- Direct all facets of sales.
- Keep abreast of brand standards and the competition's products and strengths to continually improve revenues and profit margins while maintaining quality.
- Use business/management knowledge, applications in the industry, and experiences to provide leadership, both internally and externally, to assist the General Manager in positioning the hotel as a market leader.
- Be a coach with a positive attitude on a daily basis. Implement, manage and comply with Company policies, practices and programs.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards and local, state and national regulations.
- Ensure optimal levels of quality service and hospitality are provided to guests.
- Regular and timely attendance with high standards of personal behavior, appearance and grooming including wearing the proper name tag when working.
· Communication –
- Ensure all communication containing Company, hotel, brand, customer and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Maintain a consistent professional and positive attitude when communicating with customers, guests and associates.
- Maintain effective two-way communications that crosses departmental lines.
- Approach all encounters and actions with customers, guests and associates in a friendly, service oriented manner.
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with Sales staff to provide organizational information and educate associates on changes and activities.
- Communicate Sales activities and plans with peers and superiors to obtain appropriate consultation, guidance and approval.
- Direct the compilation and analyze various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and to comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
- Complete all required and requested reporting in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- As requested, assist the General Manager with the preparation of the annual hotel budget and forecasts.
The Company may consider equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, skills and abilities cited below.
Education and Experience:
- High school education plus a degree in sales & marketing, hospitality management or related major.
- Five or more years of related experience.
- Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
- Previous Hilton experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- This posi