Introducing the new Hcareers, launching Fall 2019. The Hcareers you already know is bringing you the best experience in the industry. Learn more!
Searching for an experienced and motivated Director of Sales for a IHG Branded Property in Reading, PA!
· Comprehensive knowledge of market position, banquet and food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
· Be fully knowledgeable of competitive markets outside the area.
· Be fully knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies.
· Implement sales policies and procedures as developed in the annual Marketing Plan.
· Establish priorities for all sales and marketing programs and projects.
· Achieve and exceed individual and team annual goals as established by the annual Marketing Plan.
· Be fully knowledgeable of the role of rooms merchandising as it pertains to overall revenue and to periodically evaluate, assess, and revise the parameters of the program.
· Conduct monthly rooms merchandising training seminars for Assistant Managers, Reservations, and Front Office associates.
· Develop and maintain a job specifications department chart to include market responsibility, geographical areas, and individual sales planning including goals and objectives.
· Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the sales department.
· Develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans for the sales department that relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
· Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an exceptional product through employee development.
· Maintain and correct procedures for credit control, financial transactions, and security of financial assets.
· Respond and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner. Hold subordinates accountable for same.
· Must have a 5 - 7 years experience as Director of Sales in similar size property.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
· Must have exceptional time management and leadership skills.
· Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
· High school education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
· Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
· CPR training required; first aid training preferred.
· Additional language ability preferred.
· Occasional travel required.
0 - 80000 USD
Position Available: ASAP
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Management Position: Yes