We are looking for an experienced Director of Sales in the Houston area for a 250+ Hotel.
· Comprehensive knowledge of market position, banquet and food and beverage revenues, pricing and rate structures, sales strategies, yield management, booking trends, and future hotel planning.
· Be fully knowledgeable of competitive markets outside the area.
· Be fully knowledgeable of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies.
· Implement sales policies and procedures as developed in the annual Marketing Plan.
· Establish priorities for all sales and marketing programs and projects.
· Achieve and exceed individual and team annual goals as established by the annual Marketing Plan.
· Be fully knowledgeable of the role of rooms merchandising as it pertains to overall revenue and to periodically evaluate, assess, and revise the parameters of the program.
· Conduct monthly rooms merchandising training seminars for Assistant Managers, Reservations, and Front Office associates.
· Develop and maintain a job specifications department chart to include market responsibility, geographical areas, and individual sales planning including goals and objectives.
· Achieve budgeted revenues and expenses and maximize profitability related to the sales department.
· Develop short- and long-term financial and operational plans for the sales department that relate to the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Participate in the preparation of the annual hotel budget.
· Increase level of guest satisfaction by delivery of an exceptional product through employee development.
· Maintain and correct procedures for credit control, financial transactions, and security of financial assets.
· Respond and resolve guest requests, complaints, or questions in a courteous and timely manner. Hold subordinates accountable for same.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of all hotel departments and functions.
· Must have a comprehensive knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local health, safety, and legal regulations.
· Must have exceptional mathematical and computer skills.
· High school education and relevant training and experience required. Additional education preferred.
· Ability to timely obtain any required licenses or certificates.
· CPR training required; first aid training preferred.
· Additional language ability preferred.
· Occasional travel required.
0 - 80000 USD
Position Available: ASAP
Bonus Plan: Yes
Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the location of this job will not be considered.
Other: 401 K, Medical, Dental, Vision
Management Position: Yes