Reporting to the General Manager of the Towneplace Suites Sudbury, the Director of Sales is responsible to achieve property sales objectives with overall responsibility for achieving booking goals and property revenues. Manages the hotel sales and marketing budget, planning and implementing sales and marketing strategies to accomplish organizational goals.
The Director of Sales duties will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Target, solicit and penetrate both existing and new accounts in the corporate business travel and corporate group segments through direct sales.
- Champion the sales culture within the hotel among associates and managers.
- Maintain and promote a team work environment with effective and clear communication amongst co-workers.
- Effectively implement Marriott brand, and Atlific standards.
- Participates in applicable Marriott brand and Atlific corporate training programs.
- Manage Marriott and Atlific hotel sales related systems.
- Engages with Marriott team ensuring the hotel is complies with Marriott sales and marketing programs.
- Represent the hotel at Marriott brand and Atlific events, and sales related activities.
- Direct sales activities, measures progress, and adjusts plans accordingly to drive new business.
- Participates in sales calls with members of the Sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
- Work closely with revenue management team to maintain a balance between occupancy, mix, and rate to achieve budgeted RevPar. Establish and adjust rates by monitoring costs, competition, as well as supply and demand.
- Develop and manage sales budget, expenses, flow through and recovery to generate maximum returns.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget to enable development of property specific campaigns, promotions and collateral to drive revenue and meet property objectives.
- Ensure cost control and budgeted expenses are met; approves master bills, VIP gifts, complimentary rooms, etc.
- Evaluate business/sales goals, market opportunities, and available resources to generate profitable strategies.
- Implement and maintain a strategic sales & marketing plan and SMART action plan to generate top line revenues to meet or exceed annual budget expectations.
- Execute strategic and tactical marketing activities according to business demands.
- Conduct account and market research to develop and implement effective sales strategies for each market segment, to grow market share.
- Conduct outside sales calls, telephone solicitation and site inspections to build relationships, aggressively target new business, and grow existing accounts.
- Provide customer intelligence in evaluating the market and economic trends that may lead to changes in sales strategy to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Review data benchmarking (STAR) report, competitive shopping reports and other resources to maintain an awareness of the hotel’s market position.
- Work with industry tools such as Rate 360 to shift identified market share.
- Research competitor’s sales team strategies to identify ways to grow occupancy and RevPAR and increase market share.
- Champions Social Media efforts to ensure messaging is dynamic, engaging and effective.
- Work closely with Atlific and Marriott to maximize hotel revenue and exceed budgets.
- Engage with Atlific and Marriott brand contacts for required brand sales and marketing initiatives, training, feedback and coaching to help others developing their skills and careers.
- Attend industry events, educational workshops, trade shows, and company sponsored conferences after hours.
- Participate in industry related clubs, societies, organizations and/or committees which may entail after hour meetings.
- Entertain clients on/off–site; representing the hotel in a professional manner.
- Ensure all client interactions are documented and in hotel data base systems.
- Prepare and evaluate monthly reports and set appropriate actions.
- Assist with various assignments and/or projects as assigned by Management Company. Other duties as may be required.
- 3 years of demonstrated directorial experience in sales and marketing within the hospitality industry
- Post-secondary education in sales or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Computer literacy (excel, word, group booking systems)
- Proven leader who can motivate and lead by example
- Highly energetic, aggressive self-starter and well developed sales skills including excellent negotiation, prospecting, presentation, and verbal & written communication skills
- Established industry contacts and knowledge of marketplace
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Commitment to superior customer service
To apply for this position email your resume and cover letter to GFarstad@TownePlaceSudbury.com