Director of Sales
Hampton Inn & Suites Christiana
Location: US - DE - Newark
Newark, DE, US 19713
Looking for a results driven, dynamic individual to
add their Hamptonality to our hospitality focused TEAM!
Develop and solicit business from all markets to ensure the necessary advance bookings needed for a successful and profitable operation for the hotel.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
• Direct the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while overseeing rate, date and space commitments for group room sales within the hotel.
• Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate. Use the PM Hotel Group efforts for all recruiting and on-boarding activities.
• Ensure training programs are conducted regularly and PM Hotel Group standards of performance are met. Give guidance and counsel staff toward improvement.
• Compile and/or direct the preparation of reports pertaining to the operation of the sales department to include, but not limited, to the annual and monthly forecast, marketing budget, lead management system, booking report, star reports and sales meeting minutes
• Coordinate ongoing research of the travel industry to detect market trends and related information for development of new marketing strategies. Make reasonable recommendations to improve potential from various markets.
• Develop and conduct persuasive verbal sales presentations to prospective clients. Internally promote PM Hotel Group programs.
• Meet with and entertain clients, some of which will require travel.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to the staff.
• Initiate preparation of computerized annual sales & marketing plan and execute plans as outlined, critically examining and adjusting as deemed necessary by current market conditions.
• Organize and/or attend scheduled sales department and related meetings.
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of travel industry, current market trends and economic factors. Extensive skill in development and delivery of sales presentations. Ability to access, understand and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers and staff, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout the hotel property and continuously perform essential job functions.
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with PM Hotel Group staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every PM Hotel Group associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job, and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to PM Hotel Group. Every PM Hotel Group associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, at the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.