Director of Sales
Location: US - CO - Aurora
Iowa City / Cedar Rapids, IA, US 52240
Overview: The Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott of Denver/Aurora is looking for driven, outgoing individual to join our team as our next Director of Sales. This position is directly responsible for increasing market share through proactive and strategic solicitation to all market segments.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites boasts 131 guest rooms spread across four stories. We offer a complimentary hot breakfast buffet each morning and all guests have access to our onsite pool and fitness facilities. The hotel is minutes from the Aurora County Fairgrounds, Aurora Sports Park, Buckley Air Force base, and much more.
Primary Functions: This position is directly responsible for growing market share through the use of proactive and strategic solicitation efforts.
- To follow up on leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their interest but not too often to alienate them.
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat business through various efforts (outside sales calls, mailings, referrals, networking, etc...) to achieve and exceed budgeted and year-over-year revenues.
- Analyze historical, current and future hotel trends, and market trends
- Create selling strategies to capture the maximum amount of revenue to meet/exceed sales goals.
- Attend required meetings including weekly revenue management meetings, if requested
- To submit timely and accurate sales reports to the company.
- To maintain communication with the client once the contract is opened, and show an ongoing interest in the operation.
- To be committed to and generate Team commitment in the fulfillment of 100% service to the property’s guests.
- Referring business to our Hawkeye Hotels sister properties of a sales contact conducts business within our other geographical markets.
- A minimum of 25 outside sales contacts per week within the assigned market area is required.
- Maintaining an active role within the local community organizations to build professional rapport is ideal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Qualification in hotel sales or related hospitality industry desired.
- Management or senior supervisory experience in hotels or experience in the industry with transferrable skills.
- Proven ability to sell
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language, write concise reports with proper format, punctuation, spelling, and grammar; speak with poise, voice control and confidence using correct English and pleasant voice tone.
- Must be able to conduct and manage meetings, as well as speak to large groups as needed.
- Ability to communicate with staff members who speak/write limited English.
- Must have an outgoing, sales minded personality with the ability to close.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.