Director of Sales
Courtyard by Marriott Westbury
Location: US - NY - Westbury
The Director of Sales position is responsible for generating top line revenue to meet or exceed budget expectations for this first class, select service hotel. The sales office consists of one sales manager selling multiple markets such as Corporate, SMERF, Tour and Travel, intermediaries, etc along with an Executive Meeting Manager. Other primary responsibilities include:
- Achieving monthly top line revenue goals and increasing the STAR market share of the hotel.
- Proactively selling the hotel through face to face appointments with customers, prospecting, etc.
- Participates in sales blitzes and utilizes available business tools to prospect for new business.
- Evaluates potential business opportunities for the hotel and presents findings as necessary to the GM, VP Sales & Marketing and Revenue Manager.
- Gains contacts and business intelligence and shows community spirit through involvement in appropriate organizations.
- Maintains awareness of the sales practices of the hotel's competitive set and is a "product expert" when selling against them.
- Ensures that he/she adheres to all sales administrative processes that are in place including preparation and submission of reports or internal communications and meets deadlines.
- Builds strong relationships and loyalty with top producing clients and maintains professional integrity.
To be considered for this position, you must:
- Must have previous hotel sales experience including outside/direct sales experience
- Have a stable work history
- Be well-organized and have strong client follow-up
- Be competitive, self-motivated and a self-starter.
- Exhibit exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have fully functional computer skills including experience with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- All interested applicants must complete a skills assessment via this URL: http://rdr.devinegroup.com/?VPNNSF
Compensation: Based on experience