JHM Hotels, Inc. Job Opportunities and Hotel Careers
JHM Hotels, Inc. is a national multi-brand hotel company that has developed, acquired, owned, and operated hotels throughout the United States for more than 36 years. These years of growth have earned the company rich and varied experience in every facet of modern hotel development and management.
JHM Hotels has 40 properties with over 6,520 rooms and 1,500 associates with a concentration in key U.S. destinations such as Orlando, Atlanta, Miami, Charleston, SC and soon Washington, DC, along with a five-star luxury hotel in Surat, India. Operating under top performing franchise flags such as Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, and Starwood, JHM is committed to being a premier lodging company. The company's mission statement shares this commitment with guests, associates and ownership.
The JHM "family" has grown by inviting highly qualified, performance-oriented professionals to join their team and continue to add chapters to the JHM Hotels success story. JHM continues to add to its portfolio through a well balanced and long term growth plan. New associates who are excited about developing a career with a dynamic, values-driven company and ready to be challenged are great candidates for becoming a part of this well-established, yet growing company.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program.
Candidates are offered an opportunity to explore a work environment where their hard work, dedication, integrity and commitment are the keys to their personal and professional growth. With a long standing history of promotion from within and a low turnover rate, which is significantly below the industry standards, the limits of a hospitality career with JHM are unending.
You will find JHM Hotels driven to be "a premier lodging company", never satisfied with the status quo and always searching for a better way to exceed associate, guest and owner expectations.
The purpose of the Director of Sales is to assure the overall success of the hotel by meeting or exceeding the company’s expectations for top line revenue.
Essential Job Functions
- Expectation to dedicate significant portion of time to participation and training of all aspects of direct solicitation sales in support of the company’s (CCE) Customer Contact Expectation program.
- Be a lead generator to property to support the sales process and development of new business opportunities.
- Assist hotel in meeting or exceeding assigned revenue goals, primarily, but not limited to: Rooms, F&B, Meeting Room Rental, Incremental and RevPAR Index.
- Represent JHM Hotels at all times, in a hospitable and professional manner, to our clients/guests and business partners.
- Assure that all actions and transactions are handled in a legal, ethical manner.
- Monitor, measure and provide direction on all sales and marketing standards and expectations related to property and associate performance.
- Provide ongoing property updates, both verbally and written, to the Vice President of Sales and Marketing as directed on an ongoing basis.
- Works directly with JHM Integrated Services to ensure that all company and brand standards and programs are being properly utilized.
- Work efficiently and effectively with all JHM hotels to operate as a team, ensures positive communication and support between sister properties.
- Empowered to guarantee total guest satisfaction, display hospitality and professionalism to our guests at all times, take pride in representing JHM Hotels professionally with our guests and assuring that all transactions with guests are handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of sales goals for each hotel in their region, goals must always be fair to JHM Hotels, the property and the associates.
- Ensures department operates within cost constraints
- Maintains efficient reporting through use of current Monthly Sales Templates, Customer Contact Expectations, PSR’s and Action Plan follow up. Additional reports may be introduced and existing reports are subject to change.
- Actively participate in budgeting, forecasting and managing expenses to achieve company expectations.
- Performs Sales Audits to ensure information accuracy in property management systems, sales and catering software systems and general reporting.
- Trains Sales Managers on all key components of direct sales process to solicit existing and new clients, foster additional business, repeat bookings, or referrals to other JHM Hotels
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations by ensuring department provides customer service and teamwork
- Provides Sales Managers with the skills training to provide value added service to customers with the purpose to enhance revenues.
- Provide extensive sales support to property General Managers, recognized by JHM as the property sales leader.
- Maintains proper flow of information within the region and to Corporate office
- Participates in yield management meetings in properties, as necessary
- Leads daily stand up meetings, weekly sales meetings and participates in all hotel related meetings as directed by General Manager.
- Assist Sales Managers in increasing sales volume and profitability by developing and executing projects for all market segments as stated in the hotel business plan
- Develops plans, special sales activities, and promotions, monitors Return on Investment of all sales and marketing action plans and promotions.
- Ensures that property has maximized use of all company, brand and local CVB programs.
- Conducts market analysis to determine client needs, occupancy potential, rates desired, etc. for hotel.
- Participates in solving problems with other department as required related to business booked in the hotel including space conflicts, threatened cancellations, and compromises between customer needs and hotel facilities
- Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance.
- Performs performance appraisals on all direct reports as required.
College degree in Hotel Administration; 3-5 years hotel sales management as a Director of Sales for a major hotel chain or management company. Knowledge of market area and Hilton experience are strongly preferred.
JHM Hotels is an Equal Employment Opportunity and E-Verify Employer. All applicants are subject to background and substance abuse screening prior to any offer of employment.