Pillar Hotels and Resorts is an affiliated entity of Aimbridge Hospitality. Aimbridge Hospitality is one of the largest and most dynamic independent management companies in North America and the Caribbean. With an award winning portfolio of over 450 hotels and resorts with more than 63,000 guestrooms, our company operates across a full spectrum of property types in addition to independent luxury, boutique, and lifestyle hotels.
As a Director of Sales, you will fill a vital role by implementing the total sales and marketing efforts of the hotel, including securing new accounts, maintaining existing accounts, supervising activities of sales personnel, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the hotel while maintaining customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 3 or more years of Hotel Sales Management and Staff Leadership experience or other successful industry sales experience..
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food & beverage sales, catering/banquet services.
- Direct the scheduling of conventions and group activities at the hotel and coordinates with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with officials and representatives of local community groups and companies, and attends out-of-town conventions to generate convention and group business.
- Execute hotel-level tactical sales and marketing plans to support overall system-wide sales plans/strategies and programs.
- Manage the departmental budget and monitors sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan; accurately reports variances/projections.
- Assists General Manager in the implementation of the hotel-level business plan and sales strategies of the company and maintains an effective business plan.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Recruit, hire, train, and provide career development for all sales personnel; conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback to employees using company hiring standards and guidelines.
Note: Other duties as assigned by supervisor or management
Where Achievement & Responsibility Are Rewarded
At Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality, we value passionate people who love to be challenged and desire the freedom to contribute to the overall success of the organization. Aimbridge Hospitality values ideas to ensure high-energy innovation and high productivity and reward those willing to step forward and help us build and maintain passionate team members to deliver outstanding guest service and better financial results.
Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality is seeking aggressive, highly motivated Director of Sales candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent and 3 or more years of Hotel Sales Management experience.
Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit a proven track record of exemplary sales performance in other business fields with strong leadership abilities, excellent oral and written communication skills, and guest and employee centric management practices.
Pillar/Aimbridge Hospitality Culture
Having fun helps us keep perspective. If we're happy our guests will be happy. Our work place culture values family, work life balance and community. Career development and progression allows our team members to grow in knowledge and service to prepare to meet and exceed personal career goals.